My build progress

Cheers! Still got bugs, but just nice to see it flashing and possibly functioning. I still need to build a teensy4 wav trigger thing n see whats left to fix =)

1 Like

Super tidy! Nice work!

1 Like

As promised to @Jos and @THOGRE hereā€™s the code my @HAGIWO inspired LFO/VCO is running. Itā€™s not super clean (Iā€™m not a huge fan of C++ and I just concentrated on making it work) but it should make sense.

Things to note:

• I use PlatformIO instead of the Arduino IDE, so the code itself is in the /src directory
  • I rewrote the code for my own needs, so thereā€™s a few libraries required - theyā€™re listed in the platformio.ini file. U8g2 runs the OLED, SimpleKalmanFilter smooths the pot and Switch makes handling the push buttons a bit simpler. They should all be available in the Arduino IDEā€™s library browser. Thereā€™s also a library in the /lib directory (itā€™s not available in the PlatformIO library browser), which simplifies talking to the AD9833.
  • My hardware is a bit different - the CV input is on a separate pin and the summing is done in software, plus thereā€™s the three buttons. (Also, Iā€™m using an LM358 opamp because I have a load knocking around from years ago :grinning:)

I still need to add some finesse to how the knob is used with the CV input in 1V/Oct mode but thatā€™s only really there for an added bonus, its day-to-day usage is just an LFO. Anyway - there you go, hopefully thereā€™s something in there that can help

3 Likes

Today i put my triple LFO in the case

Itā€™s my implementation of the simple LFO by Niklas Rƶnnberg

My verified stripboard layout here (under the Dialphone :wink: )

13 Likes

That is sick !!! LOVE IT !!

1 Like

@irregularshed: Great, thx!

1 Like

Nice LFO there.
Iā€™m interested to know does the frequency change if you change the shape from saw to triangle? It looks like the wipers of the shape/freq pots area tied together - which if it works is a nice trick. I jumped through hoops to get saw/tri shaping while keeping the rate constant on my LFO, and didnā€™t think to do it this way.

Cheers,

1 Like

Dud , did you use 50k trim pots on your version of triple lfo , like the schematic ?

another pcb I had done just needed to make face plate and wire up .
BMC 031 Quad Trapezoidal LFO . kind of a different thing should be interesting .

7 Likes

I recommend LED resistors from 1kohm to 47kohm.
In my case, I used 33kohm because using high brightness LED.

1 Like

(if I understood your question correctly :slight_smile: )
the frequency (or Rate) of the LFO donā€™t change with shape pot use.

yes (maybe 47k because i donā€™t have 50K)

1 Like

thanks Dud , it looks like an interesting project , not like I donā€™t have a million others to finish .

2 Likes

a pair of Barton Musical Circuits wave shapers , BMC 033
http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/synthstuff.html

4 Likes

Nice, I did one also on stripboard and itā€™s a really interesting module.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s mine

9 Likes

Got Duber workin :slight_smile:
a dual resonant state variable filter.

Sweep tests

LabRolz Ping test.

ROOLZR click pop ping :smiley:
Circuit it is based on

squduberbater
^ an old ciat-lonbarde Duber - before he got famous :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Today, CV Joystick/Wheel in the case !

A mix with 2 schematics (joystick and wheel)

On one joystick i keep the spring inside to use more like a wheel.

All axes have Offset and Range pot
Wheel have a switch fore 1 oct or 5 oct (positive or negative)

it was long for me to calibrate it, but thatā€™s it, really fun :slight_smile:

A video which after having listened to it again with a little atmosphere of K2000 :racing_car: :wink:

Schematics and my verified stripboard here

11 Likes

Iā€™d be curious to know what your experiences are when applying it on different input wave shapes.

With a wet/dry pot, an AC and a DC out, here is mine:

5 Likes