MS20 VCF Schematic

I tested it and IT WORKS !!

2 Likes

Just running through the schematic @lu.caas posted and getting a bit confused with the IC connections. When I look at say, the TL074, it appears to have the 4k7 resistor and 4.7nF cap connected on pin 14 per the stripboard layout. In the schematic they are connected to pin 1. Likewise, the stripboard layout shows the input jack connecting via a 10k resistor to pin 4 on the LM13700 whereas the schematic gives pin 13.

Am I looking at this right? I’m new to all of this so apologies if the answer is obvious :slight_smile:

The TL074 is symmetric, four identical op amps connected to pins 1–3, 5–7, 8–10, 12–14. I don’t know why the schematic shows a different assignment of op amps to functions but functionally it’s the same.

Likewise it looks like the two OTAs in the LM13700 are switched around but again the two are identical so it doesn’t matter.

For consistency with the stripboard just renumber the pins on the schematic:

• TL074 pin n → pin (15–n) (except pins 4, 11)
  • LM13700 pin n → pin (17–n) (except pins 6, 11)

and I think it’ll be correct. (But someone should verify this.)

1 Like

how do the designs actually differ? where do we find the look mum no computer layouts?

LMNC layout is shown above

of course it is, i am grateful for that but do we have a library or folder or github or somewhere with collected layouts or something? and / or is there some additional explanation about this particular layout refering to where it comes from and why it is as it is? and / or how it works?

Ah of course, that makes perfect sense. Good to have it noted here for anyone going through it. Thanks for clarifying that :slight_smile:

You can find links here

amazing! such an abundance of resources <3 love that! but the MS-20 project is not featured there…

It’s “SIMPLE LOW PASS FILTER”.

2 Likes