MS-20 HP/LP switch question

Hello guys, did any of you build Sams MS20 Filter WITH HP/LP switch on a strip board? I tried it, but it didn’t work, without the switch it works wonderfully. And it hasn’t changed much, a capacitor has been shifted and another plus switch has been added, you can’t go much wrong with that?!?

So got it someone running?

2 Likes

Did no one built this Module ?

not on strip board , I did the PCB version . sorry no help here .

Can you be a bit more specific?

When I flipped the switch I just got no sound. And I had read somewhere that there were probably problems with it. I then converted the version back to the normal version without HP, but wanted to try again now

1 Like

Can you hardwire it for HP? If that works then the issue is the method of switching or the switch itself.

1 Like

At the bottom is the layout, I’m building it all over again and hope that it works this time. I can’t say why it was the last time either, because I rebuilt it pretty quickly to the version without HP

2 Likes

I built it on stripboard, but I def had issues. It’s working now, but I could never quite determine what I did wrong. I just rebuilt it, making sure to ground everything and be sure if all the connections and it worked just fine.

2 Likes

I’ll try again, just cut the board to size. I will report whether it worked or not.

1 Like

Post the stripboard layout to be sure. I’m looking for threads discussing it.

It is Sams Layout for the MS20 Filter with LP/HP Switch

1 Like

Here is the thread with some discussion of my issues.

3 Likes

i have made it on stripboard and all work fine for me

note that the frequence pot have an inverted action when you switch in HP mode (no sound at left in LP, and no sound at rightin HP)

3 Likes

We talked about it the other day, remember? you sent me the great layout with the explanation in which direction the LEDs must be. Do you remember? I’m attaching this picture again because it really helped me.

And yes, I know the filter behaves like this, thanks.

Btw. this picture is without the LP/HP Switch