So what if the software is DIY as well?

3 Likes

i make this pic montage

but too big, so i make this version for adjustement size on youtube

you can see here :

i begining to put a little description with link
if you have correction, propose …

8 Likes

I did a thing a while ago… ill see if its still on my phone.

Welcome to use/butcher/fix/edit all you like =)

5 Likes

looks awesome ! . all signed up and on speed dial , can’t wait to here everyone’s stuff .

3 Likes

This topic may have radicalized me to Konverting rackmount and guitar pedal effects which in the resulting modular no part of the chain is left to computer. DIY Or Die.

-Fumu / Esopus

3 Likes

I had to fix up my modular today, but i got it back together. Already got some patches that should be suitable. Its really a pain to work around not having a VCA. Its definitely doable, its just a challenge.

Tuning the three stripboard VCOs are always a pain. I’ve definitely got to get me some of the 1222s.

5 Likes

you can also buy a little cheap guitar tuner, i use allways mine for this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I voted anything goes, but of course I’d personally use as much DIY stuff as possible. Love the idea and I have something in mind already. Cannot rehearse with my band anyway because of the lockdown and curfew and wanted to do some solo stuff for a long time. Too bad I have a full time job :slight_smile:

4 Likes

(20 sec clip)
Trying to make drums without the drum machine…this is hard!

5 Likes

With my limited setup, I can make some limited percussion sounds, but I am thinking about instead focusing on other rhythm elements like arps to re-enforce the beat. If you have limited instrumentation, design around it with arrangement I figure.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s no way I could do anything live or even add bass very easily. 3 drum voices takes up 3 of my envelopes. I could do a whole case of drums, as long as I get 100 more cables. And 10 more VCAs and EGs

I could bring it into the DAw and play over something tho. I’ve been messing around with some spacey ideas tho and I bought Cubase elements. I want to give it a go!

3 Likes

“we have never enough VCA” :wink:

3 Likes

Late to this, but count me in!

1 Like

I think as long as some DIY/Kosmo was used on the track, it’s fine. Use what you got and try to make those modules somehow part of the core sounds in the track. That’s similar to the very light rules when I stream on the Earth Modular Society channel.

I’m happy to hop on zoom or voice chat and help anyone having trouble with ableton. @d42kn355 just let me know.

4 Likes

Because of all the mails, opinions and ideas, I sort of lost count of ‘the rules’.

Things not clear to me are:

• what format do I contribute a track in ( should that be a video, should it be some audio format file, what sampling frequency etc.)?
  • where do I put it?
  • what is the min / max duration ( are there any limitations at all ).
  • what is the time frame ( when should it be finished )?
  • how is the track going to be added to the channel on youtube (I guess Dud will take care of that)?

@Dud: Can you maybe sum things up (once more)?

2 Likes

I will try but I have the impression that some of your questions do not yet have an answer.

technically can we insert a youtube videos from an account on the channel I created ? that would be the easiest, create a playlist ?

i think it’s free, no minimum and for the max maybe neither an hour it’s a compilation with other people :slightly_smiling_face:

we haven’t decided on a date, we give ourselves time and if that happens on the youtube channel we can also add tracks as we go, and grow the content over time.

if solution A is not feasible, I will actually have to recover the audio files on a platform (drive, mediafire)

or maybe anothers solution to share it ?

For the technical side maybe @Caustic have some ideas ?

So as you can see not everything is resolved yet :smiley:

and I would end up with a little joke (i think it’s international) sorry in advance but I really couldn’t hold back :

in your ass :grin:

6 Likes

Shocking, such foul language!

But I think the playlist idea is the simplest solution. I could for instance create a video with the audio track in it on my own channel and you could link to it very easily. Problem solved!

3 Likes

really sorry :blossom:
(it’s surely an uncontrollable South Park affecting :grin:)

4 Likes

Yes, I thought this would be the best solution for many reasons. Not the least of which is each artist retains control over their own song if they want to take it down at some point.

If anyone needed to submit and they did not have an account or did not want to host on their youtube account, we can sort out the details via email. Unless the song in question is over 10mb in size. Should that happen we can just split it up. People would also be free to use file shares. From there, we can directly upload to the channel after coordinating with @dud.

3 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: nothing more to say for all that !
I think it will be a nice project :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes