Kosmonuts music compilation project?

Ill be getting down to it this weekend. With tooth pain, maybe i wont mind how muddy my synth sounds lol.

4 Likes

Made some headway with my setup, and made a bit of a proof of concept last night. Ready to go forward, sounds like its good to go. Still writing the song, but at least I know the results sound promising.

3 Likes

I kinda want at least 1 more voice in my synth before tackling this. I’ve got some 3340s on order waiting to be delivered and could go down the stripboard route but am holding out till an invoice is paid so I can order a couple of the @lookmumnocomputer Tuner VCOs

3 Likes

Better late than never, I suppose, but I’m in. Feel inspired to fire up the Kosmo and see what comes out.

5 Likes

So … this idea was launched on 17. Jan 2021. There was lots of enthusiasm and lots of discussion about formats, what equipment to use and what not.

But so far … has anyone actually made a track or recorded a jam?
Or is this going the same way the sample challenge posted in April 2020 went?

Oh, and before you ask: I have an unpublished track which in general terms fits the ‘DIY-brief’.

3 Likes

Personally I found the idea during the construction of my new case / modules and intend to finish its installation before making a track, because I really want to take advantage of all my new modules for this space track :slight_smile:
I’m almost there…

I hope too there will be some projects here (because yes for the Sample challenge Bzzzzz, we were 4 I think: a little weak)

Some people have a track ?

2 Likes

I am actively working on a track for this, spending a few weekends jamming out some ideas so far, but have yet to finish it.

3 Likes

Working on getting my case done as soon as i can so i can start playing around.
but I still have to fast track my learning about modular, BS Pro, SunVox and recording. im very much at the ‘infancy’ stage of… everything. lol

Ive got intention to make something if i can manage in time but i wouldnt count on me managing anything soon. With all the house work getting ready for an inspection and electricians to finally update me out of the 70’s… my body needs a little rest

Thankfully nothing ‘body breaking’ planned for (My cat Nermal says: m,8iuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu) this week so hopefully i can get everything together and get to creating soon =)

3 Likes

still getting stuff working and learning how to use it . isn’t that why it was done as a open ended project that will just get added to over the years ?

3 Likes

Didn’t forget! Just need a long sit and figure out recording with Cubase. I think I have all the necessary hardware now though.

@devicex yeah exactly you can probably expect my track some time in 2022 :rofl:

2 Likes

I have all song parts written, but just doing some polishing before I record. Hopefully will have the song polished by end of weekend, and recorded before end of next week.

@Jos
There isnt any rush for anyone to do this. We set out for this to be open ended, not a “competition”, but a compilation of works as they happen.

3 Likes

Yup. Pick one.

Got more coming soon. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m still trying to build things out a bit more. Very early days.

4 Likes

Polishing complete. Recording tomorrow.

2 Likes

Very nice thing !!! but I think one track by person might be better to start with, to keep the spirit of a compliation with a variety of sounds from different people.

What do you think ?

2 Likes

I agree. I’m suggesting one of the above.

2 Likes

Proposes the one that you think the most in the Space theme :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is my contribution.

This track was recorder using Ableton Live.
Sound sources:
1: Ableton Live 10
Patches: Spitfire Audio: BBC Symphony Orchestra / BBC Percussion, Punch and Dirty, Saw8 Detune Lead, Saw1 Detune Sync Lead, Elegic Pad, Synth String Pad
2: Moog One
Patch: 1980 VHS Strings (JSB-version)
To control the Moog One I used Pedal-O-Matic, a quad pedal 2 midi / cv controller I designed myself. It is documented here: Pedal-O-Matic foot pedal module
I also designed the shimmer reverb which I’ve found to create a nice atmosphere.

7 Likes

Really nice and very symphonic, I was transported beyond the stars :+1:

EDIT :

I created the Playlist on the channel and add your track :slight_smile:

5 Likes

dam all 4 are great . “pulse” is the spaciest sounding but I’m a huge Tangerine Dream fan so I like “velvet uncut” the best . now to go back and listen again and again …

4 Likes