Kosmo Modules in Eurorack

Hi,
I wanted to ask, if it would be cool if I would take the Kosmo Modules and convert them to Eurorack. And if maybe there would be some interested people.

3 Likes

Would definitely be interested -

Sam has mentioned Eurorack before but I would imagine it would separate modules from what KOSMO is, since KOSMO is his Touring Synth :slight_smile:

I could imagine with the amount of density Sam has in his Racks, if it were Eurorack, he wouldnt be able to move around much on stage, everything would be super close together etc etc.

Plus the visual appeal of KOSMO on the stage must be absolutely bonkers. :smiley:

A few of us hope for smaller modules some day as well tho :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup,
I like eurorack a bit more and because of that I wanted to shrink the Kosmo Modules down.
And if there are some people that would think that’s nice, I could do it with a bit prototyping and then send them over to them :slight_smile: because sharing is always nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If Sam is cool with it - I’d definitely buy em up in Eurorack format :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I felt this way too, until I actually saw some Kosmo modules built up and physically in my case.

They have a visual appeal to the format, a combination of size/usability and Sam’s silver on black artwork, that just makes my MN 7u Bus Case system look ‘cute’ in comparison. Mind you, if you do shrink them I am sure there will a lot of people on here that would be interested. Myself included, I might add, the tuner VCO’s are just so damn useful!

3 Likes

I do actually have a rack in the Kosmo format, but stopped with modules because I liked pure pcb modules more and sadly the most modules are in the eurorack format… :frowning:

1 Like

Weeeeeeeeeell, from a technical standpoint the only difference is that the module height is larger and it uses big jack sockets, so if your willing to DIY yourself a front panel you could make any Euro kit you like as a Kosmo module.

2 Likes

Yeah, yeah, I know the technical differences… :sweat_smile:
I justed wanted to ask, if it’s okay and if there would be any interested people, so I don’t do it just for myself :slight_smile:
Because I would do it definetly for myself but if there is more interest I would order some more PCBs and just send them to the people… For like the money I got the PCBs, because it’s still Sam’s design

3 Likes

Lol, well thats fair enough, I am sure they would fly out the door :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i would get bunch im running short of space im my music space so euro would be awesome

2 Likes

Are there not plenty of Euro kits out there already?

I have the first three kits and will continue on this format, hopefully we will see a lot more great modules. It’s something different and Sams put a lot of effort into getting this far.

4 Likes

Agreed, plenty of eurorack innovation already out there. I’ve been playing synth in bands for 25years. KOSMO format is a refreshing approach to a long standing problem for people who play live guitar/synths. No more taping down knobs or crouched over a constricted footprint while playing multiple instruments.

5 Likes

I do appreciate the larger size of the KOSMO format . more room for me clumsy fingers . I do build them with 3.5 jacks though, so they are compatible with the few euro rack pieces I have and plan on getting .

3 Likes