Verified Stripboard Layouts!

On a side note “Unauthorized Service” is the same guy who created the Thomas Henry BD++ stripboard layout and video that Christian and I were discussing a while back

Thomas Henry BD++.

3 Likes

yes ! this is his stripboard version of Thomas Henry BD++ (we didn’t even post it in this thread)

7 Likes

What software do people like tolerate for stripboard layouts? I’ve tried a few and disliked them all.

4 Likes

DIYLC. Hands down.
http://diy-fever.com/software/diylc/

2 Likes

My main issue with DIYLC is the number of components it doesn’t have, like 9 mm pots or Euro power headers, for instance.

2 Likes

You can alter mini pots, or use trimmer pots. The way i see it is that stripboards are more fluid and are just sketches anyways. I understand if you feel otherwise though, i really do.

Headers arnt really needed, as you can just pluck the hookup wires down. Again, in real life you might not do that, but its more about a general idea of where things go than anything.

10 Likes

Yoooooo that’s dope as hell!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, never occurred to me editing the pot would let you do that!

2 Likes

Here’s my modified layout with just the hi hat and CV in:

7 Likes

Anybody know if the JDK requirement on the Mac got updated? Last I tried it they wanted me to back it down a release or two in order to run.

I finished my stripboard 808 kick with tune mod this weekend. I’m happy with it. Cowbell next?

14 Likes

cool !
can you make us listen to his good little sound? ? (plz :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

I can try that Dud, still need to get it into a panel, and figure out how to use the accent input.

2 Likes

You can make it work with only a trigger, and i suppose that Accent is another input like a CVin (maybe cool with an envelope)

but take your time there’s no rush, it was just a question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this the TR808? I added a switch an LDR so you can play pitch with your hand/light, or to CV in for pitch through a vactrol, or normal setting. It’s pretty fun!

7 Likes

I saw this VCA using the AS3360 but something gets my attention, I saw that diode placed backward :thinking: I don’t understand why is it backward like it’s not going to the ground?

1 Like

It’s a zener diode, a special diode that’s used “backwards” and starts conducting at a given voltage (2.0 V for that specific model). We’re not entirely sure what it’s doing there, though; see here.

4 Likes

You might also see a normal or Schottky diode in a similar configuration sometimes. The point in that case is that it would protect the IC pin against (larger than the diode forward voltage) negative voltages.

2 Likes

Aww okay now it’s more clear in my head thanks! I understood!

Ooh yeah I heard about them bur never really learn about! okay well thanks!