Verified Stripboard Layouts!

I would like to make a start with DIYLC, and I would like to use a stripboard like the one below. Are there any repositories where I could find this one or do I need to make this myself (and could anyone familiar with the program give me a few pointers how to do that) ?

1 Like

Start with a pin header footprint:

Attach traces. Copy and paste as needed

Use distribute and alignment tools to make it nice. Turn off annoying layers like courtyard boundaries and such while you are doing this helps

Add those long side rails with 1x40 footprint or whatever. Same process as before:

5 Likes

That looks great / like it is not too complicated. I’m now installing kicad and will give it a go. Thnx!

2 Likes

I’ve thought about having my own protoboards printed with snap lines here and there with correct spacing for an IC to be separated, like you said it would be fairly easy pretty cheap

Ah, I think there is a misunderstanding here. I do not want to produce these strip boards as pcb’s. I’d like to use a strip board with a layout like in the picture I showed in a program in which I can draw components on a strip board. So my question was how to make such a thing as a template so that I can use that in e.g. DIYLC ?

Ahh yeah my bad I dunno why I assumed kicad. You could use the 3D viewer in kicad to display your circuit but I’m sure DIYLC is better suited. Hopefully it’s just as easy

Aww man that checkered front panel was screwing with my eyes. Looks great! like how compact you got the wiring.

2 Likes

Always need more cowbell!!!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: i 've jute open a new thread for a simple metalic bell module here

7 Likes

Always need more noisebell!!!

1 Like

Does someone have verified layouts for a buffered multi and an envelope follower with audio out?

not a stripboard but a schematic to a Buffered Multi verified !

EDIT : I just found the stripboard that corresponds to the diagram on my site, but it was not really clear to me so I rather followed the diagram

but here it is anyway

4 Likes

I made buffered mixer / multiple before. I’ll see if I can grab that if I made a layout.

4 Likes

https://moroccodave.com/2017/06/02/diy-modular-synth-buffered-multiples/ same source as Dud, I think.

3 Likes

Not mine, but i found it somewhere. Used this as a basis for my module. I used a TL074, not a TL084 though.

See the corrected version here:

7 Likes

the red wire should not be connected to pin 2 instead of pin3 ?

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like the top output is unbuffered (which makes this one of the build mistakes that you might not ever notice :slight_smile:)

(100 ohm on the outputs seems a bit low, btw)

1 Like

TL074 is the low noise member of this series, TL084 is the low power member. The main difference is that the TL074 datasheet mentions “Vn = 18 nV/√Hz” in the feature summary, while the TL084 datasheet mentions “1.4 mA/ch typical”. For the other you have to look under electrical characteristics to find exactly the same value. I haven’t compared all the graphs, but odds are they’re the same silicon these days.

EDIT: The latest datasheet revisions (November 2020) have identical summaries; they both mention low power and low noise, with the same specs for both.

Cutting and pasting from TI datasheets and culling the lines identical to all three:

TL06xx Low-Power JFET-Input Operational Amplifiers
Features
Very Low Power Consumption
Typical Supply Current: 200 μA (Per Amplifier)
Low Input Bias and Offset Currents
Internal Frequency Compensation
High Slew Rate: 3.5 V/μs Typical

TL07xx Low-Noise JFET-Input Operational Amplifiers
Features
Low Power Consumption
Low Input Bias and Offset Currents
Low Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (Typical)
Low Noise
V n = 18 nV/√Hz (Typical) at f = 1 kHz
Internal Frequency Compensation
High Slew Rate: 13 V/μs (Typical)

TL08xx JFET-Input Operational Amplifiers
Features
Low Power Consumption: 1.4 mA/ch Typical
Low Input Bias Current: 30 pA Typical
Low Input Offset Current: 5 pA Typical
Low Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% Typical
High Slew Rate: 13 V/μs Typical

1 Like

Ah right, TL06x is the explicitly low power version, “designed as low-power versions of the TL08x series amplifiers” which they then have to market as “very low power” since they’d already labelled the others as “low power”. There’s a TL05x too, “designed to offer higher precision and better ac response than the TL08x, with the low noise floor of the TL07x” (and that datasheet points to TLE208x and TLE207x as even better alternatives). But my point was that there’s no noticeable difference between TL07x and TL08x today, not that there’s a million opamps out there :smiley:

2 Likes