Pictures and videos submit for this weekends lmnc vid

I think I speak for a lot of folks when I say that this forum has been instrumental in making 2020 more bearable.

Name: Caustic

Description:

My Kosmo setup with primarily stripboard layouts and PCB front panels. I also made a DIY MIDI controller with 16 POTs and 5 Rotary encoders.

Kosmo Modular:

NES Advantage controller gate interface:

DIY MIDI controller:

-edit-
I have added a video that shows it in action controlling a VST called Diva in Fl Studio. Sorry for the hiss, i dont exactly have a setup to properly capture these things, i had to rig something out of cardboard to tape my phone to.

Here is a closeup of the screens output of all the knob states:

5 Likes

This is the first synth module I designed and it has become my avatar for synthesizer related social media.
It’s a Kosmo format dual AR Envelope Generator module inspired by your design.

It was also my first Instagram post ever : Antoine Alary on Instagram: "My first module, a dual envelope generator based on a design by @lookmumnocomputer #imperialkosmoformat"

I would be honored if you mentioned my Synthesizer on an FPGA project in your video.
It is all in this forum thread: Implementing a Synthesizer in an FPGA

Feel free to pick any part of my Instagram Antoine Alary (@antoine.pasde2) • Instagram photos and videos or from my PASDE2 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqQPwJM5BUc2zbbP-_06k2w

I would recommend either this Instagram post: Antoine Alary on Instagram: "First Sounds from my Synthesizer in an FPGA."
(Can one lift clips from Instagram?)

or a few seconds from this video, starting here:

Thanks! And happy anniversary of sorts, your creativity and dynamism have definitely been an inspiration and motivational force for me over the last couple of years.

4 Likes

Whaaaat! Look at that thing!

Does it make sounds?

2 Likes

Nope, no power supplies :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah that’s a nice setup !

1 Like

hahahaha go on pop a pic of your pet on here! ill pop it in between for jokes :smiley:

2 Likes

cool! all of these are grand thanks.

1 Like

sweet!!!
looking g goooooood

1 Like

woah! thats really got going haha

2 Likes

awesome stuff!±!!! the new controller too sick

2 Likes

yeah awesome Antoine! always been a fan of the yellow and green good colour combo!

2 Likes

@lookmumnocomputer, you’ll want the pets thread

Here’s Snuggles:

And with Birdie:

3 Likes

@lookmumnocomputer I’ve rendered a short video summing up my projects for this year. To my surprise I counted 10 (and there are still 2 months to go this year) !?

[Edit] included S&H in the video

2 Likes

I think I speak for a lot of folks when I say that this forum has been instrumental in making 2020 more bearable.

And doggable.

2 Likes

thanks! They’re quite convenient, as well: a short-circuit is detected immediately as well as some possible causes of de-tuning (due to voltage supply issues. been there, done that…)

Yeah, I noticed that when I had already cut out the holes for the V-A meters and the scope. The meters and the scope alone would have already resulted in quite some face…
Couldn’t turn the board around though, unfortunately…

1 Like

yep! well 11 technically this year. the lfo and filter was the end of last year, I remember I put the oscillator up in first 2 weeks of January so it would seem yes 11. ok some were more like 2 came at once twice, but all in all somehow managed to get back into time with 1 to spare. (mixer is a bit of a boring one I don’t think it counts haha)

October 19 1113 Filter
November 19 1145 LFO
December nothing 19 :frowning:
January 20 1222 VCO
February 20 1157 ADSR
March/April 20 1181 and 1183 VCA’s
May 20 2399 Triple Splashback
June 20 1161 Buffered mult
July 20 1007 Midimuso
August or maybe they ended up being September 20 2000 mega drone 1163 mixer
October 20 1114 Filter GRR and 1171 Offset Boost Attenuvert. (albeit 2 days before the end of October but still ill take that haha)

So apart from when bogged down with kilo drone technical issues seemed to keep to it haha.

hopefully will be able to moving forward too as there are MANY modules to get through!! Some will be a bit more odd and elaborate, and some bread and butter.

5 Likes

Cool, this approach reminds me a little of the red special guitaar by Brian May! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that a football reference?
Being from Montréal, I only know / care about hockey (Go Habs, Go!)

Bit of trivia: The Montréal hockey team’s colours are blue white and red, the colours of France, because way back when, they were the one French speaking hockey team in the National Hockey League. (At one point they even had first dibs on any French Canadian player, ah those were the days!) Even today, when the teams are all an international mix of Canadians, Americans, Russians and Scandinavians with a couple of Czechs and Germans thrown in for good measure, they are still called the Montréal Canadiens, with an E.

2 Likes

When Do you need them for Sam??

1. Jan 21 - Valve-O-Matic, Safety Valve / valve amplifier/
  2. Feb 23 - Sample&Hold-O-Matic, dual sample and hold
  3. Feb 29 - Tune-O-Matic, tuner
  4. April 2 - SubOsc-O-Matic, dual sub oscillator
  5. April 10 - Knob-O-Matic, midi controller
  6. June 13 - Pedal-O-Matic, quad pedal to CV/midi controller
  7. Aug 7 - Scope-O-Matic, oscilloscope based on arduino nano
  8. Aug 21 - Fold-O-Matic, wave folder
  9. Sep 13 - Shape-O-Matic, tripple wave shaper
  10. Oct 4 - Vocode-O-Matic, 31 terts band vocoder
  11. Oct 30 - Funk-O-Matic, Swiss army knife of amplitude modulation

Oops, that makes 11. Forgot to include the S&H in the video.

2 Likes

tomorrow at 3ish if thats doable??? ill have the vid done by then I recon

2 Likes