KOSMO Setup pics

A bit self-indulgent but I’m going to try and start a KOSMO format picture thread to try and drum up some inspiration. Here’s mine so far:

It’s my first modular build (first anything build, really). So far I have a 3340 Osc, inspired by LMNC one, then on the top right a panel with the LMNC AD/AR and a Frequency Central More VCA, and then a Frequency Central Voltz Platz mixer on the bottom. Currently working on the Frequency central ADSRs and think I might make the LMNC VCLFO and Tube VCA.

Show me yours!

13 Likes

its a dual Electric Druid VCLFO 10 :+1:

7 Likes

Looks great, lets see a few more picts!

2 Likes

Well here’s a shot of mine. It’s obviously still under construction, but the case is painted and lacquered and is now awaiting final installation of the power socket and switch in the side and then decorating with some nice stickers and a little light weathering. Possibly some graffiti work on the back but I am not sure if I can be bothered as it’s not like I will ever take it touring and nobody’s going to see the art facing the wall :laughing:

13 Likes

that’s looking nice :+1: :fire:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! Its filling up fast though and I have a 40cm sequencer being prototyped, so this afternoon I sketched out the design for a Kosmo style 1.2m wide two row ‘base unit’. Like the doepfer ones with a 45degree row and another one flat facing directly upwards like a keybed. It just fits on a 4’x4’ sheet of ply, plus some offcuts for the rails.

4 Likes

4 Likes

This is the case that will hold the modules :+1: I have 3 of them, they can hold 2 rows of Kosmo format modules per side of case (top and bottom) with plenty of room for cables to be left patched when closed :+1: :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Sketchie your camera is a little sketchy. Thanks for the picts though I love seeing everyone’s process/progress!!!

2 Likes

Rad!!! Looks great!!!

1 Like

hahha i thought it was my eyesight :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Bit of a mess right now. Lol

12 Likes

looks tidy to me :crazy_face: :+1:

3 Likes

I love this aesthetic, @Trumac22. The red-on-black with the Dymo tape is a look I’m surprised that a manufacturer hasn’t made their signature yet.

3 Likes

LOL I was thinking the same!

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s cool! I have a Eurorack set up in a similar set-up (using a hardware store knock-off of a Pelican case.)

1 Like

carpenter by trade , so yeah I built some boxes . 6@ 60cm x 65cm 5 of those are in the kosmo format and 1 is split between euro and rack mount . they sit on 3 drawer boxes that hold all the " things" . modules are MFOS and Sam’s boards .

19 Likes

The ever expanding monster taking over one room.

12 Likes

From left to right 1: passive jack to mini jack and vv converter, 2: modified midimuso CV12 i.e. midi 2 cv converter with level shifter, 3: Tune-O-Matic, tuner based on LMNC design, 4 and 5 are Doepfer modules, 6 and 7 are Safety Valves / Valve Casters for synths based on 12AX7 tubes.

9 Likes

Here is a passive multiple that Sam gave me at a gig, don’t know if he’s bringing them out as they are very simple.

12 Likes