My build progress

Not really, because the strips run horizontally. In principle it could be one on the back edge, if I wanted to rebuild it with a somewhat rearranged layout and probably a several units larger stripboard to accomplish the routing. But if I were rebuilding it I’d probably just do it without the Molex and solder to the board directly.

It’s only a couple millimeters beyond what it should be, and as long as I’m careful what I put it next to, I don’t think it’s worth worrying about.

4 Likes

You may already have done so, but can you show any pictures showing how you use these modules with their 3D-printed casings?

3 Likes

I haven’t posted anything bigger than this one, and right now I’m mostly designing/building pieces for a larger build, but I promise to keep the thread updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love this! Looks so big and chunky…

2 Likes

Any idea whats may be wrong with this APC? 500k pods and 100k gave same result, sound changes only when they are close to the min value. On the end of the record you can hear sound goes up - I switched off power before it starts.

https://vocaroo.com/h2yO9EE4IHr

1 Like

what circuit are you refering too?? have you use LIN(B) or LOG(A) pots? the latter will give a compressed range of adjustment.

2 Likes

I used before B100K and B500K now.
As I mention i main APC topic:

Now I desolder CV and Gate, add 1k for 4 leg of top 555 to +12V. Pics and more details - Atari Punk Console with CV and Gate (APC)

4 Likes

For relax I done panel from aliexpress 4$ module. Just adding AUX in and proper power socket. It records as MP3 160, so not best, but for the beginning will fit my needs.

Google Photos

Needs some polish when glue dry and holes of course : )

3 Likes

I officially started on building the new case today by cutting two of the nominally 60" (actually 60.5") Vector rails in half, and a piece of sheet aluminum to the same 30.25". Speaking of new cases, COVID-19 diagnosis rates are still steady or increasing in central New York, so it will be some time before I’m willing to go shopping for wood. Until then I can’t do much else. But it’s started.

6 Likes

Richard,

I’m facing equal unwillingness to proceed with case plans. Whether its observed cases are becoming fewer or not in the midst of the city’s hotspot I’m not going shopping for wood.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

wear a mask , don’t touch face , wash yo hands and get some wood … and then wash yo hands again.

3 Likes

Device X,

I’m not riding the subway until the observed cases start to be steady or unreported. I’m not from a neighborhood with a shop and they’re all 15 miles away.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

yeah I hear you . just trying to make lite of a fucked up situation . please use your best judgment and stay safe . the case can wait for sure .

3 Likes

Device X,

I felt you. I was just being extremely clear. I loved riding the subway and it sucks to be afraid of it.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

Assembled just enough to be able to test and verify the layout mistake is now corrected. This circuit’s very modular, I can populate sections and check that they work before committing time and components to filling the whole thing.

8 Likes

My first go at a pcb faceplate, still gotta fix a couple small things like flipping one of the boards so they are orientated correctly (they are opposite to each other right now)

Thanks @analogoutput for the “kosmo holes library” and the “expression pedal breadboard” Prototyping DIY Expression Pedal interface for Kosmo

Thanks @d42kn355 for the tips as well as all the other guys discussing on the stomp box adapter thread:

AI006 Stomp Adapter Schematic Help

7 Likes

nice , will be keeping an eye on this one . defiantly interested in building this for my set up !

2 Likes

A stomp box adapter somehow seems more appropriate for Kosmo than Eurorack. Love the design!

4 Likes

I’ll have extras when I get around to printing and testing—I’ll post again when I get hard copies. Or you can have a go with the gerbers that I’ll upload soon

4 Likes

Looking good…

One thing I spot is the power input is on the Panel side of the board, is this one of the things you intend to correct?

On the daughter boards, what are the extra header pins for?

What switches are you using?

I have been designing my boards with the daughter boards as partc of the main PCB with a snap line, not sure if it reduces cost that much. I think with JLC it saves a bit of shipping as they add cost per pcb.

Rob

3 Likes