My build progress

Today the Multi PWM panel

gone for the varnish and cut another piece of wood :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It is a 7 barred Keyboard/Organ - Press a barre to trigger Left Rise, Release for Fall.
Pitchable, Circuit-bendable (the nodes, you can connect with alligator clips, flesh, worms, fish… ), Chaosable (a chaos knob that gets things really hairy/noisey) and just an all around cool thing.

I havent had the chance to take any videos of the mods, as I finished it last night and work this mornin. lol

Here is an old video of Peter’s.

This is before I finished it - and was just figuring out the tuning mods.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTCq5_mAcPM/

5 Likes

The Multi PWM is complet and the Timbre panel ready for assembling

5 Likes

done , a productive day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What are those little round things sticking out? Are those tiny trimpots?

1 Like

yes trimmpot, it’s not in the original circuit only because i havn’t this resistors value and have a lot of trimmpot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Heres a vid of the Sidrassi mods in action :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I decided I needed a new oscillator for my workbench so I built this:

The previous one was built on really crappy stripboard and was flaky at best from day one. This one I did on one of my protoboards and I think it’ll serve a lot better. Same circuit, different layout. And since I used trimmers this time, I faked a log pot by adding a resistor.

As before, the integrating capacitor is socketed so I can switch off between different frequency ranges.

13 Likes

This week has been about fixing stuff.

My Bassline build all worked except for the dedicated square output. After much troubleshooting it would appear that a trace on the control board was hooped. Soldered a wire where the trace should be going from the header to a resistor and now it works flawlessly!

Then I’ve been trying to fix my Ripples build, which is lacking in resonance. In the troubleshooting process managed to make things worse, ending out past night by somehow managing to kill the FM and cutoff circuits. Reflowed everything on the board this morning and now have it working again, resonance is up from where it was but still not as high as it should be, and I can’t get it to self oscillate, but screw it. It’s working, sounds good, and I’m already feeling short on filters so I don’t want to mess things up again.

In my searching for parts last night I found a spare LM13700, so I think a MS20 filter will be in my near future, at which point maybe I’ll pull ripples from the rack and try to diagnose some more.

5 Likes

today I’ve finished the mixer and the gate/cv expander, and they are working fine. 2 modules in one day is a new personal record :relaxed:

Next will be the second VCO, and the Midi2CV.
On the breadboard I am currently working on the twin-t 2700, but this will go to the second case. My wife is afraid of getting assimilated by all this suspicous synth stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I really like the panel design, very clean crisp, and intuitive.

4 Likes

Audio mixer. So yeah.

12 Likes

Finished the LFO panel today (apart from paint). The step drill made life very easy.

8 Likes

Envelope generator. Assembled, but I won’t try testing it tonight.

11 Likes

@analogoutput that looks great. What ADSR is that? Is there a strip board layout somewhere?

1 Like

I think it’s the Precision ADSR

I prepared a stripboard for the version of Kassutronics but I am waiting to see the mod and add of @analogoutput to maybe add them
:slight_smile:

BTW : “How to loop any envelope

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply. I will have to see if I have all the parts.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the Kassutronics Precision ADSR, but I’ve added stuff for retriggering and looping capability. Details when (if? WHEN) I get it working. (Just got up, still haven’t tested it.)

Later: I am just going to troubleshoot and may be some time.

2 Likes

Finished up my S&H last night, will need to do some troubleshooting. Pots seem to work, all noise outputs work, sample and hold circuit does not.

I had to make a couple of part substitutions due to things being obsolete, so I’m hoping the problem is due to my post-midnight shitty soldering - there were a few sketchy spots when I was looking this morning, but didn’t have time to touch them up before leaving for work this morning.

4 Likes

I’ve prepared some future panels

they are currently drying after painting
during this time I finished assembling my Baby8

a simple circuit on the board but a lot of connections behind :slight_smile:

12 Likes