My build progress

“Officially”

https://www.lookmumnocomputer.com/modular

(for those who care about officialness) it’s 2.5cm/5cm/10cm/20cm/40cm(!)/60cm(!!)/80cm(!!!) for Kosmo but I’ve found 7.5 cm useful too.

4 Likes

I use only 5 cm and 10 cm (except sequencer and big button…), easy to interchange and i don’t like modules smaller than 5 cm , tiny to handle and if i wanted some very small modules i would build a eurorack format :rofl:

3 Likes

After finishing the more complex modules (VCO, Dual VCA, Power Supply with +/-12v and 5V, LFO, ADSR, State Variable VCF) most of them MFOS based, it was time to build some easy support modules: 6 in / 2 out audio mixer, and gate/cv expander with 3 inputs each. The pcb’s are so small that I could print 2 or 3 on one sheet of base material.
Now it’s time to build a new case, the count of modules is growing fast :smiley:

10 Likes

Sunday’s VCA, a second one for this future case (hope my stripboard layout is good)
i used a 1k trimmpot for a 220R resistor, and i need to buy x 2 100k trimmpot, but near finished

6 Likes

Nice PCBs. How are you going about it? Have you considered a ground plane, or is there a reason for not having one?

I print the layout on transparency paper, expose it with UV to the base material and etch them with ferro choride.
Do you mean a second layer or to fill the first layer with ground? 2 layer @home is a lot more work, you have to carefully allign both sides and it took much longer to get a good result, but that would be possible. The other option, to fill the rest of the first layer with ground is much easier, but with this you can get unwanted antennas. For frequencies in the audio range my design is good enough.

2 Likes

My first cabinet and 4 first modules!
VCO → STUFF - LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER
LFO → Eddy Bergman.com: Synthesizer Build part-13: THE LFO (MusicFromOuterSpace version).
Mixer → Polivoks Mixer
VCA → Design a Eurorack “Vintage VCA” with the LM13700 – Electric Druid

13 Likes

Upgraded the case today! New and beefier PSUs, and installed a reverb tank!

15 Likes

@nohar & @TimMJN :+1: :+1: :+1:

I still haven’t bought any wood but I found some small pieces, which I optimized for 4 or 5 panels.
So I started with the panel for my Baby 8 sequencer. I added a Gate to Trigger circuit (Ken Stone) to also have an additional Trigger output. Manual Reset, Manual Step and an ON/OFF/ON switch on each step.

ON/OFF CV/Gate/Trigger OUT
&
ON Reset step select

a lot of stuff in 10 cm :roll_eyes:

a coat of varnish and it will be good
… meanwhile the painting of the Dual Sloth Chaos panel dries up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

5 Likes

My rack has 4 butterfly locks on the side of the case, which protrude a few mm into the rack. That means I can never put a full module in that space… until now. Made four 25mm passive utility (2x mult + att.) modules which fit in those spaces. Also, Music Thing Modular spring reverb!

10 Likes

Today, panel + mounting a VCDO Chord
and the begining of a Multi PWM panel

7 Likes

I made a good progress in the mixer and expander modules:

8 Likes

Black on white, what a radical! :laughing:

5 Likes

Designed a voltage-controlled linear panner/crossfader tonight, using half a A3360. PCB layout is next.

6 Likes

Finished up all the mods for my friend Thomas’ Sidrassi Organus!
Additions - independent tuning for each barre (think sidrax), scroll capacitor switches with104’s & 105’s, independent mini jack outs for each Pulse node, added an external ground jack, and re-located the power jack to the back!
Not to mention a light sanding, and cleaned/polished all the nodes, and replaced all of the piezos and sanded the barres.

9 Likes

That looks awesome, love the bare pots against the timber. May I ask what this is? any videos?

1 Like

Oh my OCD couldn’t handle the wire nest! :joy: I would freak out and probably spend 2 months trying to neatly arrange them in some way which would inevitably not work for me…LOL.

3 Likes

Anybody else feel a sudden craving for spaghetti? Awesome work man (;

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes