My build progress

Cool! You seem to have quite some audio sources already, but not so much to modulate and modify them with. I’d say you could use some ADSRs, an LFO, and some audio effects, maybe delay?

Cheers!

3 Likes

More here: STUFF - LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER

4 Likes

Happy for you, yes some fx, maybe also some drum modules.

btw have you calibrate your octave switch on the VCO ? look not good for my ears :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dud I havent calibrated anything. I dont have a 7 segment display or the Arduino so it is raw. I am not one for tuning really. The only thing I tune are the antenna’s above my house (thats for any other Ham Radio nuts out there). I have 4 Barton Analogue Drum modules that you can see at the start of the video. Top right of the case. I didnt have them patched in.

2 Likes

You could have with a guitar tuner or that of a friend, there are also some on the phone …, but if it is a choice, indeed no interest, sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might have a look at one on the IPhone. Thanks mate.

1 Like

Heres another patch with drums this time.

3 Likes

Looking good. Im happy you mentioned your old cassette player, it adds character to your rack.

3 Likes

While waiting for wood I have finished preparing my layout for all the panels

12 Likes

Ah looks nice Dud i have been doing the same!

9 Likes

Drawing the face plates and sticking them to a rack, seems like a really good idea, so simple, yet why did i not think of it. I have started to draw a rack out in cad, but seeing things in the rack like this may well help influence design decisions.

3 Likes

Exact, it is very nice for visualising the rack and makes planning easy.

I’ve drawn on 5mm grid paper, and when i am satisfied with the layout it is very easy to transport to frontpanel designer to get accurate drilling templates out of the printer.

4 Likes

I remember paper and pencil. I do my panel designs in Inkscape, though. Then either print them and stick them with a transparent film layer onto aluminum for a one-off homemade panel, or (mostly these days) pull them into KiCad to make Gerbers for fabricated panels. But that’s partly because I’m obsessive about making my panels more neatly than I could manage by hand. And if I want to see how my case is going to look, well, I just pull all my module designs together into an Inkscape file and start shoving them around.

2 Likes

Not to stick on the case but i like to prepare it too

Planification of the case 4 for example

4 Likes

Well, I mean, I can see how you’d need an index. Preferably alphabetized and cross referenced. :laughing:

4 Likes

Tip: when you design your Kosmo panels, use standardized widths, like 5CM for small projects, 8CM for bigger and 10CM for things like VCO’s and ADSR’s. That makes it easier to swap and re-arrange modules if you want to make a different setup. I started out making each one just the size it needed to be and if I now want to change modules I have big problems making it all fit.

4 Likes

:astonished:

(I’m a multiples-of-2.5 kind of guy.)

6 Likes

Blasphemy! Heresy! :rofl:

4 Likes

Whatever suits you mate. I’m saying, standardize, to whatever measurements you like :slight_smile: Makes life easier.

6 Likes

i use 3, 4, 8 10 and 15 cm. My case is not an even number because of scrap woods and that are the sizes of material i can get quite easy!

I have built almost all the pcb’s that need to go behind the panels by the way, just need some moolah to finish the builds. i’m not just paperdreaming haha

3 Likes