My build progress

Finished up Duber to put in a case my friend made for me :slight_smile:

^ sound example

12 Likes

Hi there, here is my current progess of some MFOS modules. Next on the list are the gate/cv expander, a simple mixer and a midi interface, and eventually a second VCO.
I’ve planned to build one module each month, and until today this worked fine.

13 Likes

7 Likes

Nice ! welcome in the forum :slight_smile:

Today i’ve finished a little Buffered Multi with a switch for 2x3 or 1x6 output

7 Likes

Received my first fabed PCBs!

I found a site that has gerber files for a few modules that I would like to build. Most of them are dual PCBs BUT they are under the size limit to be ordered free from AllPCB! I’m in no rush here and definitely don’t mind waiting two months for a module.

Having never had PCBs made, I decided to run a test, putting through JLCPCB and AllPCB orders at the same time and comparing them. Heres my findings (so far)

What I was most curious about was the ordering processes, manufacturing time and cost.

• I prefer the JLC ordering, just a more streamlined process and the gerber viewer is nice.
  • AllPCB is a bit more expensive, but doing the oddball PCB here and there nothing to really be concerned about, plus one PCB free a month. AllPCB shipped faster.
  • Manufacturing finished within a day of each other and I ordered them an hour apart. Again nothing to be concerned about. The JLC boards hung out at their factory for a couple days waiting to get picked up, but will still arrive here within a week of placing the order.

The JLC order is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, so with all this said, provided neither has messed up the order (and no reason to expect they would), no differences here really impact me. If ordering something I’ll just go with whatever is cheapest at any given point.

Here are the two module PCBs I ordered - a sample and hold and a 3340 VCO

5 Likes

Woop wooooop! I got my 1113 working and did my first patch n had a little play around.

Ill post a vid in a bit with the bloops =)
Heres that vid, its not a great (or confident) one… But hey, ill take any sign of progress at the moment =D

9 Likes

I wasn’t lazy during summer holidays and built another 8 channel VCF for my polysynth. This one is based on the CEM3350/AS3350 dual state variable filter. I wonder that there is not much information on the chip except from the datasheet and some articles from the time it came out. This one is much more convenient in control and behavior than my Steiner VCF I built before.

12 Likes

Your stuff is always a wonder to behold.

5 Likes

For the dummies such as myself, what’s a 1113?

1 Like

1113 Performance Filter

3 Likes

Chord VCDO (from @HAGIWO ) day :slight_smile:

For my next case I still have to do a Steiner / Parker VCF and 2 VCA.

Circuits made : Additive VCDO, VCDO Chord, Bounce, Utility (Positivizer + Attenuverter + Glide), Real active Ring Mod, Dual Sloth Chaos, Timbre, Moritz Klein VCF Kosmo conversion, Dual AD/AR, Ducker (side chain), Baby 8 seq, Multi PWM and Balter.

I also recently made the Twin T drummer but I will put it in my rhythm case instead of a VCO which will go in the new case.

After that I will have to buy some wood for panel and case :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Its this little geezer. High Pass/Low Pass performance filter.

ive still got to tinker with the trim pot on the back a bit, but on first power up there was no magic smoke or IC pops and it seemed to do what its supposed to (besides the LED’s not lighting up.)

2 Likes

Kai,

Congrats!

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

Yes congrats !!! some sooooounds !!! your beast is alive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just received my JLCPCB order! Box made me nervous but everything looks alright… no chips or cracks or anything. I think the boards are fine.

Yesterday morning I finished up taking inventory of all my components, and I had a couple questions about the BOM that I wanted to wait until boards were in hand to confirm some stuff, so now I’ll do up a shopping cart and see what its going to run me to get things built!

7 Likes

yeah thats scary looking . better than the empty one I got a while back . the pcb’s cut right through the card board package and were gone . luckily when I sent a picture to Synthcube they replaced the boards .

1 Like

It’s been a big week. First I started building the cabinets for our master bathroom. (Which means I have scrap plywood)

Then I found an open box deal on Reverb for a Zoom UAC-8 audio interface (so recoding is coming soon)

And then I had a REALYY good idea for upgrading my monitors. Before I was using an old guitar practice amp on a clean channel, which was the last channel that (barley) worked.

I had 2 sets of Logitech 5.1 speakers lying around. I’m not sure if the 2 speaker cones in each case are the same thing, or a dedicated mid and tweater, but either way they have a great range.

I built another case out of my leftovers to mount all 10 speakers. Each set of speakers are in matrix mode and will plug into left and right outputs on my interface. Now I have 10 speakers and 2 woofers configured for stereo output.

6 Likes

I managed to squeeze 1.3 seconds of delay time from Arduino Uno. Even with sample rate of bit over 3 kHz, it’s quite good for a device with 2 kB of ram. I’m trying to do a very lofi reverb, but I think that its processing power was finished after third delay tap. Now it’s time to try to optimize the code somewhat.

3 Likes

Plenty for a low-fi slapback delay. I love slapback, fattens up everything.

2 Likes

Near to finished a second Steiner/Parker VCF (bah yes it’s a so good vcf, a second will not be too much :slight_smile: )

do with the @EddyBergman stripboard layout, like my first one

miss 3 x 47K and to matched the 2 transistors

just add 2 x 10uf on power rail and 2 x 100nf on the opamp

11 Likes