My build progress

Hello,
taake a look a t this:

mfg tangram

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s exactly what I need.

Grasshopper? As in:

3 Likes

What? All these mono synths each claiming a 16 channel output of your midi device?

No Sir, not here, not now!

Thru-O-Matic to the rescue:

One input → 5 copies using a 6N137 and one CD40106 or 74HC14. Connect 5 synths and set each to a channel of its own, et voila. One 16 channel output for 5 synths.

I already have 2 of these, but needed another one. It is powered by USB and I added a USB output so that I can chain them or connect some other usb device.

8 Likes

Ok im loving it ! How schematic do you used for crossfader please ??

Rectification: its ok I have found a schematic and I have try this ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first one was the Eachine Racer250 absolutely crap !!! :slight_smile: 1min airtime 2 weeks repairtime …
To be honest, I can’t tell you the name of the frame anymore, it was a relatively well-known replica. The original had a starry sky on the frame, maybe that tells you something. 210mm

I then switched to wings and planes relatively quickly

On the pictures you can see my old replacement VTX. I think it weighs as much as the battery :slight_smile:
As I said I started with an S800 Skyshadow, then a Nano Talon and then the LIDL Flyer. And I have to say, I have GPS in the S800 and in the Nano talon including RTH and all the bells and whistles. The Lidl plane, which is actually a non-motorized children’s toy for € 7 that you have to convert yourself, flies a thousand times better than the one with FC and GPS

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC!

4 Likes

I see no reason not to make a new topic if anyone wants to follow up

5 Likes

I built something similar, unfortunately not with such an elegant case as you, more hardcore DIY style :slight_smile:

Layout VERYFIED and BOM from here DIY MIDI Thru Box, Version 2 – Morocco Dave

3 Likes

Has anyone of you already successfully built one of the @HAGIWO modules? maybe you @Jos?

2 Likes

Just Popped a room together =)

2 Likes

Yes, I hve build the Glitch & Delay and the Gate Sequencer. They work all fine.
tangram

3 Likes

you know this project is open source, right?
we built two with a friend, using bourns faders, parts were less than 100 bucks.

1 Like

You guessed right, or almost. I’m working on a variant of the AD9833 based waveform generator. But for your information, I’ve been watching the projects from the first publications and I like them a lot. If you look at Hagiwo’s blog using chromium web browser it translates the Japanese description into almost perfect English. The designs are simple and sound (also the code is straight forward) and should be easy to implement for someone who is at an intermediate level.

3 Likes

That is supernice maybe i ask you some questions the next days :wink:

Im a total noob with Arduino, i know blink and can copy code :grinning:
I build the Sync LFO yesterday and its doing very very strange things on the Oscilloscope it was some Kind of waveform but extremely weird. Ive breadboarded it, tomorrow i solder it, i guess that is better. I´m not a fan of breadboarding.

I’ve built a module heavily based on the AD9833 LFO, but with a few other features for my own fun - smoothing the pot readings, an OLED showing the frequency and an option for using it as a 1V/Octave VCO. Used an LM358 op-amp because I happened to have one on hand.

I’m a software developer by trade so the features are much more in the programming than the hardware (plus I’m still a synth newbie). It’s a great module to have though and I can see myself building more of @HAGIWO’s designs in the future!

3 Likes

I’d be interested in having a look at your code if that is available. I’d like to combine the AD-chip with an OLED and a rotary encoder.

Finished the PT2399 module today, based on the project from Waveform Magazine. Here it’s plonked underneath my ADSR (based on ADSRduino), getting modulated by an LFO based on @HAGIWO’s excellent project. Just pushing some sound from my Nanoloop to test it with before I quit for the day!

5 Likes

Yeah, absolutely. I’ll try and remember on Monday when I’m next at my PC. I do my coding in PlatformIO in VS Code (because I hate the Arduino editor :grinning:) and I’ve been planning on getting that up on GitHub soon.

2 Likes

I got about half way through the BigButton, mostly the ground and resistors. That green wire is also a Gnd, Just to lazy/sleepy to re-do it =D
Ill get round to some error checking tomorrow and start session two =)

Is the Gnd from Clock in to the Switches Gnd rail in the right place? does it matter here, its 0v right? I dunno… Ill get to it tomorrow.

Why yes…that is a 4:3 monitor. Saving it for an arcade screen.

7 Likes

combining mail day and build progress

k25’s almost there just have to hook up jack sockets , was a bit nerve racking drilling for stand offs [ trying to miss traces ] converting 1/4" to 3.5 mm jacks .

7 Likes