My build progress

Hoping to fill the rack in a couple of months. While there is a lockdown I can make lots of progress. I’ve now breadboarded the MS-20 filter and it works :heart: When I turned it into a proper module I will treat myself to a beatstep pro. :grin:

Next project will probably be some kind of arduino based LFO / Envelope generator.

6 Likes

I think I’ve captured the MFOS WSG Voice A on a breadboard, although there is a chance that everything is wired up incorrectly and the wrong way round; plus things like the three bypass caps are missing. It’s an absolute mess and I’ve already realised how I can get rid of a few of the patch wires, and compress it into a smaller space.

I’m not sure doing this kind of thing in Fritzing is really helping me to understand what I’m doing, as I can’t get the components to sit vertically, coming out of the screen, so everything is just too convoluted and far apart.

3 Likes

the new @HAGIWO project maybe that’s can interest you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey, sounds like fun. I’m just waiting on my rev2 pcbs for my STM32 nucleo based ADSR. The code is done and works on a breadboard. I plan on sharing it all once I’ve put it together and I’m convinced it’s all working.

I’m also not letting myself buy more gear until I’ve finished ongoing projects, it’s good motivation!

Cheers

4 Likes

I needed a simple module that would make it possible to add a negative or positive offset to a control voltage. So I came up with Offset-O-Matic.

2 of them are in this picture (can you spot them?):

Main schematic:

And of course I added some lights to signal the offset of the input signal and output signal.

Bling:

Together with the envelope-follower (also in the picture) a VCA and an inverting mixer I can now make a ducker or a one channel vocoder and such like. Or I can just turn the volume down and look at the pretty lights :wink:

For the resistor in series with the LEDs choose one that fits the brightness you like (1kOhm - 100kOhm).

5 Likes

Megaphone toy’s module screwed in the case :slight_smile:

(3:30 of the night I just posted my videos :tired_face: it’s time to sleep zzzzzZZZ)

pics and video test here

4 Likes

The Manual & Rotary Dial phone Gate module :grinning:

see pics and vid

4 Likes

In anticipation of various capacitors turning up tomorrow (or Thursday), I’ve had another go at breadboarding three Super Simple Oscillators. Note that all the POTs are 100K, hence the 10K resistors in parallel, as suggested previously.

Not sure if the wiring into the tone POT is correct or not? No need for diodes…?

2 Likes

This thing is giving me headaches. Already posted it a while ago.
Dual clock divider. The LED clock dial marks the division. Cascaded 4017 (nightmare), high density protoboarding (nightmare) plus an extra flip-flop out /2 and a reset input +switch 1/both/2.

It’s the one I started this whole modular project with, abandoned it for a long time, now almost finished, output buffer section is still not working well enough.

8 Likes

Funny, my clock divider was one of my first projects and it still isn’t workin right haha

1 Like

Something about circular designs for clock divisions just helps so much in visualizing.

3 Likes

My Steiner Parker diodes filter is in the case !
see pics and vid here :

3 Likes

I made some noise!!!

All three oscillators are using S9018 transistors on a 9v supply, with 5mm purple LEDs. It turns out I didn’t have any 10K resistors to put in parallel with the B100K POTs, so there’s two 4K7 resistors in series over each one instead. There’s no tone POT either, due to the lack of 47nF capacitors, which wont arrive until Monday, probably.

The oscillator in the left is using a 47µF electrolytic capacitor, the one in the middle a 22µF, and the one on the right a 2.2µF. I think I’m going to have to get a few more smaller ones to test with, along with some actual B10K POTs.

I built the first oscillator, and after watching the LED flash for a bit, plugged it into an amplifier. I was disappointed to not hear anything, other than an annoying buzz, like something wasn’t grounded properly. So I built the second oscillator, and again watched the LED flash, but with nothing being output. So I built the third oscillator, and it didn’t work at all. It was only at this point did I realise that the breadboard I’ve bought, don’t have the continuous red a blue lines on the power rails. A couple of jumpers and suddenly the thirst oscillator was working, and I had output. :man_facepalming:

P.S. That bit of LEGO road, is a good thirty odd years old… :grin:

6 Likes

A little Mixer /Crossfader

2 x 2 channels mixer + 2 crossfaders

it looks like I only had small stripboard scraps left and that I miniaturized to the maximum :slight_smile:

8 Likes

9 studs per side ended in 1986, so they’re at least 35 years old…
Then there were only 7 studs per side, later 8 studs, and nowadays 6 studs…

4 Likes

I designed and build a envelope follower too. And when testing it a fuse blew immediately from my power source. Could be problem with this, or just too many modules. I had a Behringer Neutron and fifteen other eurorack modules there, so… The fuse was 2.5A, but maybe they can take a bit much current when starting. Current meter with display would be a nice tool on my rack.

7 Likes

wow sorry took me a while to get back here.
It’s ICP studios in Brussels, great place with an amazing instrument collection.

Got my BigButton ready for soldering.

I think these standoffs are a bit big n flashy, they’ll do for now.

6 Likes

Wich Copter you flew ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wizard 220, Diatone Grasshopper 160, Crazepony 220, King Kong Swift 160, King Kong Q100, Mobula 7, Sailfly and a Nano QX. and some other toy grade things.

But specifically those standoffs are the ones off my old Wizard 220 which i pimped out and named it Filbert.
My main copters are the Grass hopper 160, Crazepony 220 and either the Mobula 7 or Sailfly.