The High Flyers Room (FPV and all things)

MODS, Can this be moved into Everything Else? I was just going to add a ‘Skill Toy’ room as well (as that seems prevalent amongst us too) and realised this is the DIY List. Tia.

It seems there’s more than a few of us Cyborg Seagull enthusiasts here. (I was thinking thatd be my FPV YT name but i just used my existing channel)
Best we have our own room =)

Did you know quadcopters can do handstands?

3 Likes

my quads have done many handstands. Sometimes on just one hand. Sometimes the leave the hand behind.

1 Like

Yours looks siiiiick

1 Like

Haven’t done any FPV stuff but I have a mavic I use for photography and geologic prospecting haha

5 Likes

Nothing more to say :slight_smile: :laughing:

More dust than everything else…now i know the name of the frame its a Realacc X210n

And this is my Nano Talon, with the big GPS from Radiolink in the middle

3 Likes

I actually built my CNC just to help cut foamboard for planes. Was also involved in the dronin.org project when it was still alive as an alternative FW for flight controllers (dronin was a fork of taulabs which in turn was a fork of OpenPilot…unfortunately we never got enough developers to keep going once a few key players moved on to other things so the project is effectively abandoned now. Which is a shame because it had some very reliable auto-tune code that actually worked and worked well. And not just for tuning…it also gave a nice way to quantify the responsiveness of various changes to your craft.)

This is the “needle cutter” I designed for the CNC to cut foam with - less mess and cheaper than tiny bits in a spindle:

This was my first quad…built on a super tight budget. This is it’s final form…but it originally had a flight controller cobbled together out of an arduino mega running megawii and the actual sensors ripped out of some old wii controllers I no longer used. (this is upgraded with a “flying F4” using actual sensors and a STM32F4 discovery dev board running taulabs and later dronin.)

This is a little micro brushed I designed the 3D printed frame for…back when 1306 were the only micro brushed motors available…But they just weren’t powerful enough to be fun - one of these days I want to get better motors for it.

Never got this to fly well - got close…but got tired of printing new parts every time it crashed while trying to get it dialed in:

This was a test I made with some 3D printed parts and 1/2" wood dowels to see how tilted arms would affect flight. Flew well, but wasn’t overly impressed.

Ended up moving the parts from it into this - but the ply proved to be too weak - and CF is too expensive in sheets big enough to cut this design. I started looking into making my own composites but then just as I started to get my process dialed in my wife died and I haven’t had time to fly since.

And of course I’ve gone through a ton of foamboard planes and have a few nicer balsa builds in various states of completion. (i.e. either awaiting repairs or awaiting me to finish building them!)

4 Likes

Ive found a few pictures of my fleet =)

NanoQX

Wizard 220

I know you all see it too…

Q100

Crazepony 220 (clone of something)

Mobula 7

Sailfly-X

Cant find a good shot of my Grasshopper 160 =/