My build progress

thanks Dud , it looks like an interesting project , not like I don’t have a million others to finish .

2 Likes

a pair of Barton Musical Circuits wave shapers , BMC 033
http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/synthstuff.html

4 Likes

Nice, I did one also on stripboard and it’s a really interesting module.

2 Likes

Here’s mine

9 Likes

Got Duber workin :slight_smile:
a dual resonant state variable filter.

Sweep tests

LabRolz Ping test.

ROOLZR click pop ping :smiley:
Circuit it is based on

squduberbater
^ an old ciat-lonbarde Duber - before he got famous :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Today, CV Joystick/Wheel in the case !

A mix with 2 schematics (joystick and wheel)

On one joystick i keep the spring inside to use more like a wheel.

All axes have Offset and Range pot
Wheel have a switch fore 1 oct or 5 oct (positive or negative)

it was long for me to calibrate it, but that’s it, really fun :slight_smile:

A video which after having listened to it again with a little atmosphere of K2000 :racing_car: :wink:

Schematics and my verified stripboard here

11 Likes

I’d be curious to know what your experiences are when applying it on different input wave shapes.

With a wet/dry pot, an AC and a DC out, here is mine:

5 Likes

the shaper ? have not had a chance to plug in yet .

Another dual VCA

Well the sound is rotten with my camera (unwanted white noise :slight_smile: as usual) but here’s a patch with this new VCA and also i make a test with 3 VCOs to make a minor chord, a first, it’s cool.
This chord inspired me a little hip hop at the beginning and I doubled the chord for skanks and an ending rather dub (…dub dub dub …with delaly :slight_smile: )

9 Likes

luv the didgeridoo sound .

3 Likes

Man… it’s time. This is an intervention. You gotta put down the soldering iron and lay down a track. I want to hear what you can do with all of those bits working in harmony!!!

What kind of music do you like? Are you a French house guy, German Dub Techno, or UK Dubstep? I’d love to hear a 140 dub stepper made on that thing!

4 Likes

Here’s a playlist:

(via @Dud’s many posts in the music share thread)

7 Likes

Thank you @fredrik , yes with my modular there is this playlist which starts without an external controller and which evolves with the cases which are added. But I didn’t know anything about modular 3 years ago.

I was doing a little electro with a friend ( Lobotomix : http://lobotomix.blogg.org/ and there were also videos in this forum ) but no knowledge of the style. Since then I have been interested and analyzing patch …
Guitarist at the base, I really like a lot of different music, punk, blues, metal, reggea, dub, traditional … but I don’t really listen to electro.

2 Likes

I had an idea for a module and I prototyped it in VCV Rack. It’s a gravity-simulating portamento/glide, so the glide will overshoot the target and then oscillate around the target note until it stabilizes, like an asteroid orbiting a planet.

The effect is actually pretty cool, but I need to fine tune the knobs, it’s way too sensitive.

I was hoping to make this available as an module-app for my “Kosmoduino” project, but that project is on hold for now as I’ve had too many KiCad-induced rage quits.

7 Likes

This sounds really really nice ! Have I ever asked you about the schematic for the VCA? I also need some that close properly and that are not built with unusual ICs.

2 Likes

Click through to youtube and click the link there and you end up at

which tells me it’s Niklas Rönnberg’s version of the ASM-1 VCA that uses the obsolete CA3080, so you could probably use half an LM13700, or get the Rochester version (I think Thonk has it), or the Alfa AS3080.

EDIT 1: LM13700 is perhaps not a great option here, since the circuit manipulates the 3080 supply voltage. You’d have to tweak the Iabc source a bit. EDIT 3: See here.

EDIT 2: Earlier thread about this VCA: Simple but good dual vca, which also discusses 3080 sources.

4 Likes

I took the day off, so while everyone’s out of the house I scuttled down to my secret underground laboratory to work on my VCF:

Cheers,

3 Likes

Here’s the VCA I made:

5 Likes

Cool, is this an original design?

I’d like to try the Mauritz Klein version, but I guess I need to shell out for the Patreon because I haven’t found the diagram yet.

1 Like