Module requests

Be still my beating heart!

5 Likes

well like usual its a tad goofy haha. but its got CV over dry mix, wet mix, wet input level, feedback and also has a low cut. thats about it. so its not got a crossfade. acts more like a mix send

6 Likes

cool!! does it have a long sustain then??? i can imagine need quite some oomph to work well??

4 Likes

How about the option for taking the wet mix cv, inverting it and using it as dry cv? Thatā€™ll give you crossfading, though maybe not exactly linear. With a 10cm panel, Iā€™m sure you can fit in an extra opamp and a switch.

2 Likes

hey up yes of course, but it was a purposeful omission, that is indeed how you would do it, but it never made sense to me having a crossfade between wet and dry on reverbs. it makes more sense as dry level and wet level. much more usable. as you can bring in and out the item separately of each other.

its one item that I did not like with my old spring reverb module I DIYā€™d . so im just improving upon it.

EDIT. misread. it would also need to be offset. but maybe. ill see if that would work. I mean im not sure why someone would want a crossfade, when wet and dry is just the same but with more control. :P. is crossfade not just a space saving solution to the problem? and separating controls is the maximal approach?

4 Likes

yeah the reverb can be quiet cavernous , actually doesnā€™t take as much to drive as you would think [ 5 watt tube amp ] though I havenā€™t experimented with solid state drivers yet [ like the MFOS modular unit ] I will check it out one of these days and let everyone know .

3 Likes

Iā€™d say they both have their value. Separate mix controls are better for adding reverb to a voice, in a more classic ā€œsongā€ type of music. For soundscapy stuff, I prefer the crossfader. It can bring a sound from a garbling full reverb to the foreground and back. If thereā€™s plenty of panel space, having both would be added value, IMHO. When itā€™s one or the other, separate controls are more flexible. Can always make a crossfader with an attenuverter/offset type of module.

sure. ill have a think, the issue with adding too much stuff is its a trick of all trades and ends up being just a bit swamped which is the opposite with what i have been sort of trying to achieve with these modules. but yes, ill have a think. if im honest i probably wont add it as i think the effects are still reachable with seperate controls. and if people really wanted a crossfade just use a offset boost module with it to get that. i personally do not see the merit of 3 knobs 1 which does what the other 2 do, but thats just coming from my ethos in design :). but who knows. haha

4 Likes

Sure sure, itā€™s always a balancing act. Good luck wrapping up the design, cheers,

2 Likes

A crossfader module plus a non crossfading reverb module is more useful than a crossfading reverb module.

7 Likes

You rang? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

could always use a crossfading reverb module in full dry mode to use as a normal crossfade, with less of a space footprint, but its less modular for sure.

1 Like

no i think there is a slight misunderstanding, a wet knob/dry knob reverb module is more useful than a crossfading knobbed reverbā€¦

to me it doesnt seem to make sense to clutter a module with something that does the same job but not as well. that is all.

however there is a sign from a higher entity, as there is a spare opamp in the circuit, so ill add a switch then to send an inverted signal of the wet knob to the dry knob to turn it down. as mentionned.

4 Likes

there was a sign from above, there is a spare opamp, so ill take your point onboard and add a switch to send the wet knob inversly intp the dry mixer :). its only a switch! if it makes people happy to have crossfading, then ill do it!

4 Likes

all good a switch is being added haha

3 Likes

howwever now im reading that again, i think i misunderstood that haha. oh who knows. there will be a switch added anyways :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ahah, the spare opamp takes the stage, I always love that guy

8 Likes

Good old New Years resolutions. :laughing:

4 Likes

yeah I messed that up lol. had a problem on the reverb. went back. and then got sidetracked designing another circle synth thing for a new vinyl. oh dear oh dear.

9 Likes

No rush, I just want to mention that I am very much looking forward to a Gameboy Oscillator panel of some kind.

6 Likes