Modular grid thoughts?

aslong as power draw is measured in chance from 1-10 in causing a 7812 to go into overload protection mode

2 Likes

Now, the real stress test will come when @Dud has finished his fifth case and will add his modules :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could we also have some sort of price? Might be a bit tricky depending on components used.

Maybe a Price rating, like a cheapo one is Ā£ or $ and a super expensive to build one being Ā£Ā£Ā£/$$$?

1 Like

safety valve: 11

I think this will be very tricky to do, it depends a lot on the components used, the supplier, region of the world and the quantity in which they are bought. Also, I donā€™t want to be calculating the cost of my modules, Iā€™m not ready for that kind of confrontation lol

4 Likes

The Evil Eye is 'spensive. Itā€™s the damned LED holders at like Ā£2.50 a pieceā€¦

1 Like

sssst donā€™t tell me.

Seriously though, I use them on all my modules and buy them for ~ā‚¬0.10 in China. 2.50 is a rip-offā€¦

Yeah, before yours I hadnā€™t used them anywhere, and I knowā€¦ I knowā€¦ I can get them cheaper on the slow boat from China and I am doing for the Euclidean module :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you could 3d print them with a small nozzle if you have access to a printer.

Anyway, back to KMG: My modules have been added.

2 Likes

Rather than trying to hand write JSON and deal with UUIDs I wrote a spreadsheet, exported it to CSV, and then ran it through a Python script I wrote. It converts the CSV to JSON, handling the Type and Function fields to break them up into lists. It also generates the UUIDs for the Id field and, if needed, for the MakerId field.

A real GUI for submitting would be welcome but this I thought was helpful for getting going with a back collection of modules.

For anyone interested, you can get this script here:

4 Likes

Damn it I was working on something very similar! Iā€™ll go and add mine now.

2 Likes

After having taken a long time to understand what it was exactly, now there is time before I understand how to add a module :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Fixed a minor bug, re-download if you got it earlier.

3 Likes

Can i add a modules with the link to my web page about it

for example with the Rotary manual gate module for the image

and for the build info with stripboard
but itā€™s in French, but thereā€™s the stripboard ā€¦i donā€™t know ?
and i have no GitHub
thx

1 Like

Hi @Dud, if you use @analogoutputā€™s spreadsheet and script to generate a JSON list of your modules, you can send them to me and Iā€™ll add them to the site for you.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @jackb

i just seen in the page that have ā€œFilterā€ and also ā€œVCFā€ in ā€œFunctionā€ category, itā€™s not a double ?
even itā€™s a filter can be without CV, but LMNC 1113 is on ā€œFilterā€

1 Like

I gotta find a moment to do what @analogoutput has done on some of his, the illustrated versions, how did you do that? take the pic from the design and plonk knobs on top??

its really cool by the way

2 Likes

You mean like this image? Thatā€™s done in Inkscape. I have a template file for panel designs including drawings of knobs, jacks, switches etc. Thereā€™s multiple layers for the visible parts of the components, the parts behind the panel, the holes, the labels, etc. So I can for instance turn off all layers except the holes, export that as a png, and turn it into a KiCad Eco1 layer footprint to help with positioning components on the PCB and holes on the panel designs. Or I can do the same for the artwork and make that into a silkscreen footprint for panel fabrication.

2 Likes

I seee. I just need to make a drawing of the knobs I use then. ha. I think I can make em from what I have with that. thanks.

1 Like