KOSMO Format Builders Community Thread

This thread is intended to be a reference guide for current KOSMO Format Builders within our Discourse Community.

I plan to keep this thread updated, and would love for the thread comments to consist of potential helpful updates to your own “profile” listed below :slight_smile:

User: @analogoutput
GitHub Repository
Reverb or Tindie usually empty unless I have some extra boards/panels to unload (which I do right now, September 2020)
Youtube
Syracuse, NY, USA
Released Modules:

User: @Caustic
[GitHub Link]
[Sales Platform]
[Media Platform]
[Location]
Modules (Unreleased):
Caustic’s 3340 VCO

User: @CTorp
GitHub Repository
[Sales Platform]
Youtube
[Location]
Released Modules:
C-182 Switched Multiple
Buffered Multiple
Sequential Switch
and more!

User: @d42kn355
GitHub Repository
Reverb Shop
Youtube
[Location]
Released Modules:
2xVLPG
JMBLR
GRNDS
Euro Playset
Various ciat-lonbarde PCB’s
etc.

User: @twinturbo
[GitHub Repository twinturbo · GitHub ]
[Sales Platform] Direct Contact via PM at present.
Youtube
Carlisle, UK
Modules Released [recomend not using the Gerber files as they may not be up to date]

Work In Progress
Clatyune Simple VCO [ 2 end builder tweaks on remaing present stock ]
Claytune “Nokofia” 3310 based Simple ADSR [Fault Finding At Present]
The “Cheap-Step” Pro [ Work In Progress ]
Claytune Thruminator [ Quad Midi Thru Filter ]
Claytune NanoMidi Shield
Claytune FatDrums [ Quad Twin T Drum ]

User: @sebastian
[Github]
[Sales Platform] So far I don’t sell anything, I have some leftover boards which I will put in the BST thread.
[Youtube]
Bremen, Germany
Modules Released/Unreleased:
KOSMO Braids
KOSMO Transistor Ladder Filter (Kassutronics)

User: @Sonosus
GitHub
Tindie
Youtube
[Mastodon](https://mastodonapp.uk/@50n05u5/>
Location - Fife, Scotland :uk: aargh discourse has no scotland flag
Modules:
Kosmic Superspreader
Noise Generator
and more!

and more (?)

6 Likes

You could make that first post community editable, relieving you of having to be the one to maintain it.

Meanwhile, please remove Quantizer from my list (for now).

I have a Reverb page but only to use occasionally to unload extra boards and panels, I’m not interested in maintaining stock.

Not a module per se but:
dac/ino

Mikrokosmos is not camel-case.

You could link each module to its particular thread:

Should each module have a 1-line description here?

6 Likes

I think you’ll find it easier if you change that first post to a wiki.

2 Likes

Just made it a “wiki” - how do I make it Community Editable @analogoutput
And sorry about the quantizer! didnt mean to jump the gun lol

2 Likes

Same thing!..

2 Likes

as a reminder to keep things friendly . if you are going to offer something based on someone else’s work , like from github please ask first . everyone’s been pretty chill about this , but lets avoid any problems and be respectful of others work . :wink:

1 Like

Everything of mine is open source, mostly Creative Commons licensed. Fair game! No need to ask, just do what you like with it (within the licensing).

4 Likes

I have literally never heard/seen this word in my life lol.
I didn’t know it was actually a thing, I do it often on random words so I can read them better lol.

I are no read they good. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

KOSMO format builders will likely be coming to this wiki before this is used but @d42kn355 asked Reverb to make a category for builders and so it came to be.

KOSMO

-Fumu / Esopus

3 Likes

KOSMO now recognized as a new life form …

1 Like

This is so very true thanks to @lookmumnocomputer 's mad mind!! :smiley:
KOSMO will kick it at his usual haunt “The Museum of Everything Else” whilst we are all asleep in our beds… :smiley:

1 Like

I want my Kosmo born extremely soon. I have to kick building in high gear!

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

Working on the PSU this weekend, one big caveat on that for anyone intersted would be they have to be confident working on 115/220V AC as it’s got an on board transformer.

Going to be doing a PCB and Panel for Jos’s Scope hopefully too over the weekend.

Mostly this is all for my own benefit, but if i can cover the cost of DEV and help a few people out with stuff then alls good…

5 Likes

hell yeah fire and brimstone bring on the lighting bolts , LOL . yeah this shits dangerous but here’s how … . sorry yeah mains amperage is deadly and not a thing to joke about . never mess with if you have no experience with it , because it may be your last experience . and for those that have experience remember to fuse the line side and cover any exposed circuitry so no one can come in contact with high voltage / amperage . pcb and panel :+1:

3 Likes

the recommendation will be a separate sealed enclosure with a AC in and a 12-0–12 output. I can’t stop somone building it with a bare jack lead draped across the LINE input. But the encapsulated transformer takes away a bit of the danger.

The design will be nothing dramatic, but will be an ideal cheap PCB build for +12 -12 Builders.

5 Likes

I added location to the listing, since it’s relevant in deciding whether to get boards from a creator or to grab the Gerbers and order from a fabricator.

4 Likes

What transformer footprint are you designing for?

1 Like

The actual transformer is a ASN AS4214_E-0500-120-D , I think I had to create a footprint in KiCad for the last encapsulated transformer I used. Not got anywhere over this weekend as we have been having a massive clear out and tidy of the garage.

2 Likes

This one? That’s only 5 VA so won’t power a lot of modules.

I’d aim for 25 VA or a bit higher, maybe something like this one?

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s trying ot balance cost, size, output. And not actually having any idea what the draw is on each module ( which would be useful ). Found this one at farnel, it’s a little under the ASN spec but still 4 times that of the other one.
https://uk.farnell.com/myrra/44440/transformer-22va-230v-2-x-12v/dp/1214619

1 Like