Mail Day Thread

Pop Flier,

Yay! Team @TimMJN!

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

Just curious…do you have a total number of cases that you want? You may need to move to a big warehouse soon! :laughing:

5 Likes

:slight_smile: I can go to 6 (with the space i have and the roof)

4 Likes

Craigslist score today, an MTI 16R “auto-orchestra”

It’s a real beefcake!

I saw somebody had an owners manual and schematics for sale online at some point, if anybody wants to flex their google Kung fu and help me find a scan :grinning:

11 Likes

Best I’ve found so far is an owner’s manual for an earlier (non 16R) version:

3 Likes

it seems to be more common of the two. Might be hard to find literature. Luckily the boards are big enough I can probe around. The wiring is scary but all ‘molex’ or similar connectors. I recognize a lot of the components, saw a 3320 ic and some CA3080s.

Some interesting YouTube vids. Some people have played around with them and done a few mods. There are also some expansion chips that this one does not have. I would be interested if I could mod it for midi or cv/gate

2 Likes

Have you tried the synth-diy mailing list? It’s inhabited by purveyors of esoteric equipment with access to many secret tomes and forgotten lore.

4 Likes

C Torp,

What I’m hearing in a demo sounds lovely. I’m shocked at how much the resonance can growl.

-Fumu / Esopus

1 Like

@KardashevTypeII CEM 3320 filter, so familiar to us. The envelope controls filter cutoff and the vca at once so it just goes straight to sounding like acid bass haha

4 Likes

JLC box came today. Still need to wait for Tayda to hurry up with pots n jacks before I can get this thing working though.

6 Likes

Ha, aka: Google Fu …

2 Likes

Last important puzzle pieces for my polysynth arrived today.

It’s an eight voice Steiner VCF with voltage controlled cutoff and resonance. Other PCB is a clone of the Juno 60 chorus. Looks like it will be a proper Juno clone.

I’m uploading all the PCBs one by one to my Github page when I verified that they are working. Just in case someone is interested in some serious soldering.

7 Likes

More light reading, some old, some new:

Imgur

Trippin:

Imgur

Cheers

4 Likes

Now to order parts lol

4 Likes

Another Craigslist score. Has a scratchy/noisy volume pot but for $100 I think it’s a good deal

9 Likes

which is probably an Alps RK12L12C0A0G that you can get from various sources (e.g. Mouser) for around a dollar each (but check the dimensions before ordering).

3 Likes

Boards from AllPCB… free ones.

I placed the order 9 days ago. Ordered 5 boards, got 6. They look okay.

Next step is to unsolder those pots, or buy new ones.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, I got mine last week, forgot to post here. Nothing to complain about. Tayda seems to be lost in a black hole so most of my projects are waiting for components.
I also got 6 on June’s order, but 5 in July’s.

1 Like

JLC came bearing gifts!

7 Likes