KOSMO Setup pics

Update with some of my new panels!

6 Likes

Here is my stickers on the side of my case. Like you I am also not a touring guy. But I love the design of stickers.

5 Likes

Here is my updated Rack.

Right to left
Sillyscope, Cem VCO x2 , DIY power header
Amp, Headphone switch, Plug converter,
Power Rails +12/+9/+9 negative center for my circuit bent toys and pedals.
LMNC AD/AR, Atari punk console, 3 IN 2 out Mixer, Redesigned CGS CV Joystick, Multiple Buff Boy, Passive Multiple

6 Likes

An update on mine!

Top row: 3340 Osc, Frequency Central MoreVCA and LMNC AD/AR, LMNC VCLFO
Bottom row: Frequency Central Voltz Platz mixer, loads of mults, Dual ADSR and LMNC Tube VCA.

Also a load of of Nam June Paik postcards I got from a recent exhibition at the Tate, which was wicked

8 Likes

nice ! for the colors I can only say that it’s really cool, because the red and the black it’s also the color of mine :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve noticed! It’s funny, mine was all meant to be all black, but I bought a load of knobs from china, and after taking about 2 months to arrive they’d sent the wrong colour and I ended up with red. I liked the look once I put them on so just decided to roll with it.

Love your website btw! It’s been really useful for getting my head around all this.

2 Likes

I’m always happy to know that my site is useful to people, I did it for that

6 Likes

I finally got to a point where I’m recording complete tracks without a computer (!) doing the sequencing or sounds. Here are some current setup pics:

13 Likes

Fantastic setup!!! I’m looking to do live performances so I’m trying to put together a tiny but mighty setup. Especially since I live in a bus and space is at a premium.

5 Likes

She’s growing up too fast I need an upper deck!

15 Likes

1 and 2 and 3 and … more and more cases :wink:

6 Likes

wow @Dud
i just scrolled this whole thread and cant believe how busy you have been!

just started building my own yesterday!

see you guys all have some other modules, other than the ones sam has been releasing this year (what brings me here)

are other people designing in this format?

3 Likes

People are building their own one-offs, and there are a few designs for which PCBs and sometimes panels have been distributed. I’ve done one so far: Analog Output Mikrokosmos.

4 Likes

Just finished @CTorp ‘s Doepfer style Switched Mult!
Works perfectly:D

I am probably going to pop in higher k resistors cuz these blues are super bright, and I had a couple off color greens mixed in with my bright greens, so I’m gonna swap those out as well.

Just waiting on my hot air station (tomorrow according to tracking!)

8 Likes

hello guy, thank you but I’ve been on building my modular for over a year, and I have time.
and as the others said if you do your panels and your circuits yourself, you can adapt to the Kosmo format several schem that can be found on different sites ( DIY repositories. ),
there are also some on this forum
be careful building modules it’s drugs :wink:

4 Likes

I haven’t jumped into the build my own yet . so I have been getting PCB’s from different people there is a lot out there . I mostly have built Sam’s and MFOS music from outer space stuff . https://synthcube.com/cart/ is a good place to find pcb’s or full kits . but there are many more .

3 Likes

One of the genius things about Kosmo (or maybe just lucky, but let’s assume genius) is that it not only uses compatible signal levels and conventions with Eurorack, but it uses the same* power voltages and power connector. What that means is in principle, if you have a Eurorack PCB, you can put it behind a Kosmo front panel and it’ll work. You’ll have to come up with the panel, probably reconfigure how the panel components connect to the PCB, and maybe work up a different way of attaching the PCB itself to the panel, but that’s all doable. So the gazillion DIY Eurorack modules out there are potentially a gazillion Kosmo modules too.

*Leaving aside Eurorack’s 5V rail and CV and Gate which are hardly ever used.

10 Likes

I finally made my second module! It is Mixie, a 3 channel mixer and 3 attenuators. I hope it can mix things up a bit.

9 Likes

Neat! What’s the panel made from?

3 Likes

Ah @butterbagel I see you live in Washington. CTorp and I are also Washingtonians.

3 Likes