KOSMO Setup pics

1 Like

Nah I sold them all, but you could always have 5 more printed, I’m sure you could sell the extras. @sebastian did a great job on the panel and it sounds great. Very mellow compared to ms20 style

1 Like

$124 later I have a JLC order in.
Getting some of @sebastian’s Transistor Ladder Filters, more of your awesome K25 LFOs, @analogoutput’s noisebell module, and that cool Quadrature VCO with through-zero FM that was mentioned here direct link here

4 Likes

Ooh, I’ll be very interested in hearing how that Haraldswerk VCO works out!

1 Like

I’ll build one out first and if it works for silly me, if so then I’ll probably sell off some extra pcb sets.

2 Likes

You get em in black? I’d pick up a vco and noise bells from ya

Did you use the Gerbers from the site? Or did you work up a Kosmo format control board?

Edit to add: Just noticed this:

• Power consumption around 135mA each rail

Eep! Might need a dedicated PSU…

1 Like

I just grabbed the gerbs from the site (i already had the JLC order open and didn’t want to have to start over). So… I guess I’ll be doing a bunch of panel wiring :crazy_face:

I have a 3.4A per rail PSU, so i think i’ll be good :slight_smile:

1 Like

The VCO didn’t include a panel gerb. I think i’m gonna spraypaint some aluminum black and then laser engrave the art and drill pattern and then take it over the drill press and make panels.

The Noisebells I went with a white panel to keep it true to the author’s design :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not that the author cares! Panel it any way you want!

3 Likes

This afternoon after the recording session

16 Likes

What an absolute beast! All DIY Something to be proud of

5 Likes

Also, is that 8 meters of Kosmo?!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, but i’ve begining in 2019, 3 years i work on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes of course a Kosmo one, but only 160 cm :sweat_smile:(4 cases of 80x40)

with less cables

2 Likes

15 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: excellent :+1:

3 Likes

Breaking news!

“The shortage is growing, the evidence in pictures

:grin:

3 Likes

About 3 or 4 modules were added after taking this picture. A lot of recycled parts.

The case is half a flightcase that had a terrible 60s organ built into it. I still have the parts and the keys though. It’s only 7 cm deep which has lead to some interesting point to point designs but is a real challenge :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’ve been trying to improve my layout, mainly because I have two Kosmo sequencers coming, and I don’t know where to put them.

Getting the Speakers off the table helped. But what I really need is one of those swiveling arms you see on the X-ray machines in dentists offices to mount the mixing board on to.

I wish I was joking, but if I could find one of those in a junk heap somewhere to suspend it from the ceiling I would do it.

11 Likes