KOSMO Setup pics

Hi Farabide, yes you are welcome.
Cheers Stuart

6 Likes

Thank you mate. Much appreciated. I love the random layout that’s also so coherent. Loads of ideas. Is that a G707 I spy in the background or is my jealousy creating phantoms?

2 Likes

Boy, could I have some fun with that setup… nice!

4 Likes

Hi Farabide. Yes that is a G707 in the background. Unfortunately the foot controller is buzzing on the synth audio outs. I’m yet to summon up the courage to do the suggested repair of removing the 6 voice chips and dissolve their outer casing in solvent. Apparently the plastic/rubber stuff they dipped them in gets polarised over time and causes issues. The 6 black coated chips are visible on the far left of the photo from inside the controller.

5 Likes

I’ve read the same issues which did put me off a purchase. That said it’s an hours prep and a few hours in a solvent. Add a vibration and its pretty easy. Post the progress here. Id love to see it. Im sure there are mods for the controller.

2 Likes

This is my setup at the moment

17 Likes

I’m not sure if this is an appropriate place to plug this, but I released a bunch of 3D printable designs that were super helpful to me in creating a Kosmo rack. For a bunch of glory shots of my rack and links to several designs, check out this video I made!

11 Likes

This is awesome! You’re sharing files freely, don’t worry about where you’re “plugging” them :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Great video, would love to hear more synth tracks!

3 Likes

The Kosmo space in this case (Kosmogenesis) is just about full!

(There’s room for one more 25 mm module.)

This case (Kosmodrome) is just getting started.

11 Likes

nice , didn’t take long to fill the case up ! , though you did start building modules before case . any bets on how long before " Kosmodrome " is filled and you start on Kosmo… LOL

2 Likes

I have plans for most of that space. I won’t try to guess how long it’ll take, but it’s a roughly equivalent number of cm of Kosmo modules to what I’ve built since March. Okay, that included a 40 cm sequencer. Still.

When it fills up, though, I think the “next case” will be a physical expansion of this case, so it won’t need a new name.

4 Likes

Been wanting to get a synth going for the best part of 2 years, since finding Sam about 3 years ago.

Finally got a bit of cash and space together. Simple setup so far so I can play some drums alongside my Behringer Crave! Planning on adding a voice next month once pay day rolls around :smiley:

10 Likes

That is a nice drum machine! Love that you jumped right to the Big Button/Wav Trigger.

3 Likes

Seemed to make sense, could have bought a drumbrute or something but it gave me the excuse I needed to get a case and power sorted. Needs a lick of paint desperately, but that’s next months job!

The code needed some fiddling but I managed to find a version that worked wonders, just needed to adapt it to take the midimuso clock and downsample it a bit.

3 Likes

Cool! What’s the Hex machine in the middle?

1 Like

That’s the Big Button :smiley:

1 Like

Anthill-Inside1-339x400

4 Likes

Love seeing all the builds. Setup is sick! Hell yea. :metal:t4::fire::100:

6 Likes

New to the forum. I hope this question landed in the correct place. I beginning to layout my first build. Going to try the Arduino 8-step and the big button. I have LibreCAD now and was wondering what everyone is using to get tidy drill guides for panels? Does anyone have a library of Kosmo based templates with common control spacings, dimensions, and such to springboard from? Or at least a bulleted list of dimensions?

I’m not a CAD expert but want to print a tidy drill guide for my pots and jacks and save some time in this step of the builds. Any advice is welcomed!

7 Likes