Kosmo module upcoming list

lol, I have a few hundred of them in my parts box so I’ll probably put them in regardless

1 Like

Totally understand! Whenever is fine with me. BTW…if you do happen to have a parts list for the other modules coming out I’m sure no one would complain that they have them in advance :wink:

Excited to hear your new single and see the video too!

2 Likes

sure! to be honest I end up doing the parts list on the day haha. because they are usually all over the place and very badly formatted eek. but ill try get ahead of myself

2 Likes

ah, look at that.

good company too :slight_smile:

(not seeing anything in the Music share thread - Share your work! thread though :smiley: )

1 Like

Order placed, winning!!!

1 Like

Oh, yeah, it’s Kosmo Day!

5 Likes

I can’t believe I missed the Kosmo t-shirt!! Now I have two orders in (le sigh)

3 Likes

Ordered this morning… Quite possibly it will be built before the others!

2 Likes

I don’t know how I missed the schematic the first time I looked at the ADSR page (maybe it wasn’t up yet when I ordered last night?) but I was able to read the parts from there so I’m good. Tayda order finally placed! That mail day photo is going to be ridiculous when that box gets here…lol

3 Likes

Holy fast shipping, Batman! My ADSR’s are estimated to arrive by 3pm tomorrow and my parts shipped out from Thonk today, so if I am lucky they’ll arrive too and I will be able to actually build them tomorrow/Sunday! Nice turnaround Sam!

2 Likes

Nice, I think it takes about 8 days to get to my part of the US.

1 Like

From my point of view, a voice would be kind of interesting in that it’d be a route for getting a look at Kosmo without a major investment — I’ve been building a Eurorack system and have strong doubts about changing or bifurcating formats, but on the other hand I do see the appeal of the larger size. And on the other other hand I don’t have a whole lot of space here. But a voice, well, that’s just kind of a desktop synth by another name, and how much harm is there in that?

3 Likes

my god, just reading through this thread has me so excited for sam’s plans

is it still 1 module a month as planned? because it feels like this will go on a lot longer than 12 months . . .

I think something resembling the QPAS would work really well in this lineup. a filter with 2/4 movable resonant peaks

also is there any thoughts on melodic sequencing? I havent seen what he uses in his live rig, i always assumed it was midi?

1 Like

Well, we are at 6 modules by month 5, but it’s not been 1 a month…

The next two could be any time

There’s the pt2399 based delay module which I think he had almost finished the final revisions before ordering.

And the MIDI-CV , last on that was trying to get the firmware updated on the MIDIMUSO IIRC…

The Pandemic has not helped schedules…

1 Like

hello! Yeah. trying my hardest to keep reasonably to schedule!!! its a tall order. the supply issues haven’t helped but its all looking like im keeping to this schedule. delay will be any time in the next week! the jury is out which one is next, it depends which I get functioning best first, mega drone module or midi-cv. got another one on the bench that is a vca matrix, however I dont think that will be massive use to people but ill stock it nethertheless. its for the 1000 oscillator mega drone, a 10 input 4 output VCA matrix. so 40 VCA’s in total, which sent me off on a bit of a tangent designing MACRO modules. basically a silly amount of the same thing on 40cm wide modules. an updated version of the 8 step keyboard sequencer is nearly done too, it has the ability to be expanded infinitely, so for instance if you have two of them you can get anything up to 16 steps. if you had 100 of them you could have 800 steps haha. and a few other goodies.

7 Likes

That made me laugh… Delayed Dealy is not Dealeyd…

Arg, Your goign to beat me to it with the expandable sequencer…

Rob

3 Likes

oh cool rob!!! did you have it planned? im yet to finesse it! it initially had that function but I took it out cus when I shot the video it was rather confusing haha. you gunna do it with a microcontrollers?

2 Likes

Which function?? 2 Microcoontrolers although one is just an on board clock signal.

I have just had an idea that is so bloody obvious and simple that it’s probably the route your going down… VERY easily scaleable.

Cheers

Rob

Part of me says, “Gaaah! I’m about to build the keyboard sequencer and there’s a new version coming?”

And part of me says, “Yeah, for instance if I have two of them I can get anything up to 16 steps but I’m using up nearly a meter of synth row, DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.”

So yeah, I think for the time being I’m gonna pass on any more 40 cm beasts (unless they’re AMAZING) but keep 'em coming! And I’m counting hours until the delay drops. There’s one with my name on it.

1 Like

interesting! well its because the keyboard sequencer receives its reset pulse from the last step on the switch bank. but the last setting is now going to be out, which just sends a pulse to the start/reset on the next sequencer. meaning you can do a bunch of things. its slowly getting more complicated which I dont want to happen for this sequencer as its not meant to be full of crud, but who knows! maybe down the same route! im gunna add a bus connection to the back, its very in its infancy that one!!! good luck with yours!!!

5 Likes