Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

Here are the other pics I couldn’t post :blush:

9 Likes

Hi Exoseth , the fart box looks awesome . you planning to use midi pad to trigger synth stuff while playing drums ? .

3 Likes

Hey Devicex, I’m not sur yet, but I definitely saw some interesting content with modular synths triggered via drum heads so why not :blush: first I have to understand how to link everything together and working together :grin: that’s why I’m asking the help of this community, please go check my post on “DIY build” to help me :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

for connections between modules there is this thread :

for other … ?

3 Likes

Hello Nathan !

Welcome to the cage of the beast ! Here you get electrified

1 Like

I don’t think it applies to my problem, have trouble connecting 2 devices together, not modules…
See my thread here for explainations : LMNC Fartbox not working with Minibrute 2S

Thanks for your help :blush:

1 Like

I found the issues thanks to one of you ! It’s great to have such a community around Sam and silly synth stuff ! Thanks :pray:

4 Likes

I’m Shaughn (they/he) I’m a student in an Integrated Media arts (general new media) program in Toronto Canda. Got into electronics through music and sound experimentation, but mostly was doing circuit bending. Now I’m wanting to move into designing my own instruments and modules!

I was in the midst of planning a project including an APC, a sequencer, a low pass, a bent guitar pedal and an envelope filter. I saw the AAAPPPCCC and think i’ll try to use that as the APC I was going to build inside. I may ask for some pointers in trying to hook it all up. I’m still very new at all of this but really want to learn and improve.

Excited to meet and learn from all of you!

14 Likes

Hello Shaughn !

Welcome to the cage of the beast ! Here you get electrified :wink:

2 Likes

@THOGRE, can I ask about this cage of the beast and why we get electrified? Am I missing some cultural reference?
That said welcome new folk all.

3 Likes

Hi all. My name is Chris and am located in Victoria, Australia. I have an electrical/electronic background and got introduced to lunetta/DIY and modular by Ryk over at The Deathlehem Machine. I have done a lot of DIY on and off and also ventured into the world of Euro Rack. The latter was too expensive for my tastes and I am not a fan of multi layer deep menus. So I am back to the world of DIY as my second hobby. My first hobby and love is Amateur (Ham) Radio.

Thanks
Chris

12 Likes

Welcome Chris,

My real name is Marc. I’m based in Vic too.

I’ve always had a soft spot for synths and electronica.

Recently, I’ve been diy’ing simple eurorack modules for my case and this forum is a great resource.

6 Likes

Hi Marc,
I have just got the Megadrone kit and am waiting for some parts to arrive. I also have a bit of Euro gear but am sort of heading in the DIY and circuit bending route I think.

3 Likes

Sounds cool. Be sure to post some pics of the build.

I just finished off a MI Rings earlier in the week.

Are you going to go Kosmo size?

3 Likes

Yes I am using the full panel and pcb for 10 osc.

4 Likes

Oh I’m in Victoria too, in Boronia (eastern suburbs). So there’s three of us then. (:

2 Likes

I’m Ballarat - so I can represent the regions :joy:

2 Likes

I am in Wallan. I can represent the North.

3 Likes

an ex-colleague lives there

1 Like

Oh, that’s just a metaphor, because we’re just a wild bunch, of course cool and nice :slight_smile: and you are simply infected with the electrovirus, i.e. electrified. Nothing bad, just a nice “Hello and welcome to a wild, but very nice community that immediately encourages you to participate and is so exciting that it won’t let you go anytime soon”

Nothing but love here with us !

4 Likes