Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

That is a fucking big case for a Synthesizer !!! :rofl:

8 Likes

It looks quit big, is it just for sleeping or can you cram in cooking and washing…

2 Likes

What are homes but really large synth cases?

6 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Paul from Slovakia. I am into music in general for some time now. I was playing guitar (I had a folk punk project, yay) for about 5 years, but it got into point where it was no longer entertaining for me to keep on pushing my limits, compose new stuff and generally enjoy the instrument.

I had my mind on making electronic music for a long time now, but I always thought that it’s computer oriented area and that’s not my kind of fun, you know, click click click - drums, click click - bass etc…

Well, so, I was in kind of a musical hibernation for about 2-3 years now, almost giving up any hope of making this hobby fun again (you know, I played guitar from time to time, but it just wasn’t IT anymore)… And then Youtube spat Sam’s Kilodrone video on me (actually only few days ago). I thought it was kind of fun and I kept on watching more and more videos - and now I’m hooked, already making plans about building my own modules (I have almost 0 experience in electronics so that’ll be fun) because it just feels right.

So, I kinda wanted to say thanks. Thanks to Sam and to all of you freaks for making me long for making music again and for making it possible to do this with minimal budget.

12 Likes

YES. Welcome!

1 Like

So, it begins… Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum =)

Breadboards arent too hard to figure out. Two pairs of + and - power on the outside connected vertically, two columns of horizontal connections separated by a gutter which is useful for ICs, Buttons etc… And jumper wires connect stuff up.

Im sure you can get clear shell breadboards, that might help u figure it out more =)

2 Likes

Yea every time I use one it doesn’t work. Think i got a shi**y one xD

Washing? Washing and camping seem like mutually exclusive events to me p:

But yes a small kitchenette with 12v fridge in the rear, and a solar panel and 200ah of lead acid (heavy) batteries is ready to go in.

I primarily go camping for just 2 or 3 days at a time either to music festivals or the odd weekend with friends, so it’s been built to suit that need.

1 Like

Inconceivable!
or not. I’ve had good luck with solderless breadboards but there are crappy ones out there.

1 Like

welcome to the freak show . it is a fun free form type of way to create music you can blend your guitar or what ever with the synth / sample stuff .

3 Likes

@fukatix,

welcome to the beast’s cage. Here you will be electrified.

Washing the dishes I meant :wink: although a scrape and quick wipe does the trick …

1 Like

Hell yea, that’s my desire

Hi guys,

I used to be an engineer in the semiconductor industry. After moving towards a management position I missed “building” something physical. That’s how i ended up buying a few (that’s how every addiction starts) eurorack pcb’s. That kicked of a whole new passion.

I’m now trying to get deeper into the matter, learning to design my own modules, circuits, and pcb’s.

Bas

9 Likes

Welcome to the beast’s cage. Here you will be electrified. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello World,
Here is Nathan, from belgium :belgium::blush:
I found modular synths on YouTube and ended up watching all of Sam’s videos :grin: I’m a drum & bass and dubstep addict, played drums for 5-6 years and getting back to it, trying to make it work with synths :grin: my actual goal is playing DNB live with modular stuff, sometime with the help from a DAW​:+1:
I began with a LMNC fartbox bought on his amazing concert in Brussels (I like to custom my stuff as you can see) :

However I have difficulties to make it work with my new minibrute 2S, gonna do a topic on this, would really appriciate all the help I can get from fellow DIYers!

Thanks for this forum, thanks Sam for making me “not scared to try it”! :smile:

14 Likes

Looks super cool with the colors and Rogan knobs!

3 Likes

yes nice ! welcome Nathan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice color scheme!!!

3 Likes