A litany of dumbassery

“A grinder and paint makes me the enclosure I aint” :))) Why not mount the spring externally?

6 Likes

…at an angle. Cut a T profile into the mount. Reverse the mount. Shorten the spring…cut a slot out of the case as a design feature … I’m done. Hope it works out. Have fun.

5 Likes

Thanks for the idea’s :slight_smile:
Though i don’t really like externally mounted spring reverbs. They are fragile and i prefer them safe in an enclosure.
Also, i would like to keep this one unmodified. I like the sound of it, in fact, it was literally the only nice sounding thing on the CRB Elettronica organ i pulled it from. I never found another reverb tank or organ like it so it will be hard to get it back after i break it.

Was thinking of using the case for a big button with wav trigger, with some nice pieces of oak on the side :slight_smile:

6 Likes

After yesterday I now know that shorting Vin and Gnd in Arduino Nano while using usb-power fries something in the approximate area of the usb-connector. Which is weird, as Vin shouldn’t be connected to +5 V which is directly the power from usb, but maybe there is something happening while booting it. The Arduino itself may be ok, but quite useless as I cannot reprogramm it as usb-connection doesn’t work. Well, I use the unofficial ones while prototyping for just this reason, but even they cost 15€ here, “real” ones are 30€. What chip shortage?

5 Likes

ICSP will do the job. I have a couple of duinos with dead USB

1 Like

dam forgot to put jumper wires on each board , time to disassemble :frowning_face:

10 Likes

That looks absolutely amazing !!
As much as i would love to be able to do something as neat, I think my patience would ask for a divorce.

2 Likes

Looks like the BOM calls for a metric ton of MTA connectors, which right now looks like a good idea…

2 Likes

actually it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be , I had enough slack in the wires only one ground wire on each had to be detached.

2 Likes

the wiring was pretty minimal compared to some I have done , it just looks more complicated because there are 4 of them together .

3 Likes

Brought my Snare v2.2 to solder up with me while I’m away from my bench and forgot my hookup wire XD

I think my words were “I wont be able to rest unless I know it’s working”
Guess I won’t actually know till tomorrow now XD

4 Likes

@willow2x Happy little cake anyway :slight_smile:

:tada: :musical_keyboard: :cake:

3 Likes

Thanks man! Merci! =) I had an unintentional bit of cheese cake too =D
Youll be seeing alot of your modules being butchered by me in the recent future =D
Ill be getting onto ur Hit and Duck modules after ive finished the Snare off today.
Ty for your work!

5 Likes

Todays progress belongs here…
Fixed 2 modules VCO and MS20 LPF…
LPF was a simple fix just a short under TL074 and replace the IC.
Turns out on the VCO… i soldered the jacks tip to the switch tab. XD
I had made it aaaaages ago! i swear its been over a year at this point! haha!

5 Likes

This is really painful to post - but I suppose if someone learns from my mistakes it will be worth it.

So if you are planning on 3d printing a set of rails - dont prime them and set them out in the sun to dry.

11 Likes

I can’t find the post but if I remember correctly @juggle had a similar problem with his fully 3d printed panels and rails in a hot climate.

2 Likes

oh my god

2 Likes

Yep, though in my case it was leaving the whole synth in a hot car in the desert not just rails out in the sun :smiley:

I’m still slacking on the rebuild. New rails are printed but only half installed in the case. I haven’t had time to even start on printing new panels yet.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

It reminds me of the velostat of my diy ribbon controller which really did not like the high temperatures in the attic of my house in the summer.

3 Likes

if those are structurally sound, I would love you to make janky modules to fill em out

5 Likes