VCADSR 1158 CV inputs

Hi very new to the Kosmo Modules and synths in general, having just built the following modules 1222, 1145, 2700, 1183, 1113, 2001 and the 1158, and getting most of them to work by trial and error, the 1158 ADSR is giving me a head acke, i come to the conclusion it needs a CV input from something like a quad LFO to drive the ADSR. I see from Sams web site one is available but out of stock, my noob question is, i guess this is what i need, is there any of the modules i have made be used instead, the bigest question is, i can see an out but no signal in, also Trig is this from a keyboard or something like the 2001 sequencer.
Help please what am i missing.

The trigger signal needs to be something like a gate from a CV keyboard or a MIDI to CV module, or a clock module, or a square wave from an LFO. It tells the ADSR when to start a note and when to stop it. This input is required to make the module work, unless you feel like triggering it manually with the switch.

The CV inputs can be from any sort of CV source (even the output from another ADSR, I suppose, though that might get weird), to vary the attack, decay, and release times, and the sustain level. These inputs are optional, you can set those parameters manually with the knobs.

2 Likes

many common function with this module

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the reply, steap learning curve, but exciting nevertheless, also playing with an oscilloscope to see wave forms, noticed difference in voltage out between saw (saw and square the same) and triangle a lower output, i have seen a fix for this will check other posts.
Thanks again for the info.

2 Likes