The Pets Thread

Not mine but it seemed apropos.

5 Likes

pitch puuuuuuuuuurfect

1 Like

I’ve heard that the males can be a bit stinky, or is that male ferrets?

2 Likes

oily skin / fur . about as stinky as we are to them . the soap ,perfume ,deodorant , etc. that we put on our selves is very irritating to animals sensitive sense of smell.

3 Likes

You got a point there, I don’t tend to put on aftershave or use perfumed soaps. I think that if you don’t have too many smelly things around you, the sense of smell can get better… my original point, was regards the male of the species and the scent glands they have. The females being inherently less stinky to our human noses…

2 Likes

I have friends that have had ferrets and yes they are " stinky " to human noses . but they seemed to like water and bathing them wasn’t a problem .

1 Like

I frequently share a bedroom with a female ferret. She smells just fine. While we’re on the topic of pong, I find smelly deodorants and the like on humans quite distracting. Normal animal smells (including the natural smell of a healthy human) are somewhat easier to cope with in my view.

3 Likes

My wife always used to prefer me as nature intended… I’ve always had female pets, hence the question about male varieties. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

seems to me they where males . and it has something to do with scent glands , which can be removed but thats kind of a shitty thing to do just for human convince . and yeah my dogs smell better than the kids axe body crap .

5 Likes

Nooooo!! Poor little critters. :frowning: That’s just nasty to do that to another living being.

4 Likes

We have 5 cats.

This is Johnny who was born in our barn and lived there for years. He was totally shy but has now decided that the windowsill above the radiator is a much better place to retire.

6 Likes

Boubouka, a shelter cat from Greece. Hates the 4 males, very moody in general.

5 Likes

Heinrich, the big friendly giant and a complete pacifist, not the brightest but a skillful toy catcher.

5 Likes

What beauties! Johnny looks regal.

4 Likes

Ede (aka Fight Club) Half Burmese and talks like that, always in for a brawl at night with the martens or neighbours cats, can walk sideways, very cool but a little aloof.

6 Likes

Moustache, not as cute as he looks, sprays on all things especially when made of plastic, he just showed up one day and decided to stay with us, was propably abandoned by previous owner.

5 Likes

All Cats Are Beautiful !

5 Likes

Such a handsome cat, and he knows it. He’s got strong markings… That reminds me, there is a cafe in Eastbourne that had a bunch of cats living there, just sort of amongst the customers. It’s called the mad catter.

3 Likes

All your cats are great thank you for posting. Piebald cats are generally less ‘friendly’ apparently.

3 Likes

He looks a lot like a norwegian but I’m pretty sure he has some wildcat genes (from his mother). The long fur, the white spot on his chest, the long bushy tail and so on. There is a very big forest nearby.

4 Likes