Off topic discussions

Thesis: It is the nature of forums to always go off topic.

Discuss.

4 Likes

Well I like fish. Anyone else?

5 Likes

Well, certainly here in the UK we have a chocolate { Candy } bar in called the Topic, i am not sure it could truly go Off though?. Not actually sure what happens to old sweats, sure those left in the coat pocket pick up an endless array of flufferty detritus ( probably dead people in reality ) and taste a bit odd when you eventually pop them in your mouth, especially so if it’s someone else jacket. But a wrapped bar, Does it go off or just not be as good.

3 Likes

they do get a bit stale and the surface kinda chalky like , but if you were starving …

3 Likes

Don’t worry about the white in chocolate. It’s just a crystallization of sugars which changes the flavor very little. Though Topics use a chocolate adapted for nuts I believe … or did I dream that

5 Likes

I can have a can of kippers for breakfast every now and again but lately it’s been Malt-o-meal “S’mores Crunch” the occasions when I eat breakfast.

3 Likes

Draconian adherence to topic is no good, but generally one should keep to the topic, otherwise it becomes difficult to find what you need. Some people are looking for help, and a disorganized forum is less useful.

4 Likes

hey we are talking about food here :wink:

3 Likes

Device X,

To dragons people are sometimes food.

-Fumu / Esopus

3 Likes

now thats food for thought …

2 Likes

4 Likes

Any form of conversation, anywhere, anytime, can always go off the topic. Conversation is always about thoughts, Ideas, sharing.

But the real problem here on forums, well that comes down to the lack of ability to share that chocolate bar with everyone.

P.S…

I hope the original intention was to inspire a little humour, else we have thread bombed. In which case I opollogise.

So is thread bombing a problem:
Discuss?

5 Likes

I think people are expressing an irony (I know that was my intention) in that most replies do not address the OP’s question, which one can argue is the point of staying on topic. Someone opened a topic with the intent of that topic being discussed, or a problem needed solved. Going off topic is akin to ignoring that person entirely, which is a bit rude on the extreme side of this.

4 Likes

I was having a coffee chocolate stout , well actually more than 1 but I understand what you are saying .
it is hard enough trying to keep up with all the threads and posts on here . keeping things in order with less chit chat in between would be easier ah where was I oh yeah chocolate mmm good in and on things …

2 Likes

Chocolate and fish are not a felicitous combination however. Kind of like riding a bicycle and wearing a cape. I have a bicycle (Trek hybrid, about 8 years old) but I do not have a cape, because they don’t go well together. Bicycle riders are like Spider-Man, they wear Spandex but not capes. Anyone here like Spider-Man?

5 Likes

We had a WebServer at work called SpiderPig for some time… Now we name them more boringly.

2 Likes

My work also had a webserver named spiderpig, and we also had to move to more “professional” names. What a small world.

3 Likes

my dog eats like a pig

2 Likes

I figured he idea of the topic was to contain the problem of going off-topic to one place, which is a noble and wise idea which might work for the regulars, We all keep coming here not just out of our desire to bui,d Kosmos and make music, but because over the last year, we’ve become a proper community. I care about what happens to you guys more than most of my neighbors!

Anyway, tying a few treads together here, apparently before the invention of coffee filters they sill made coffee and one of the ways that people would try to collect the grounds was by dipping a cod into it.

3 Likes

Max Hi Rez,

They opened up a Starfishs Coffee shop but it was closed when people complained about a fishy aroma.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes