Simple envelope generator w/ push button

Hi I’m trying to figure out how to make the simple envelope generator with the push button. I watched the video over and over again but I can see what he’s doing very well. So I have no idea what wires go to what. Also my first go at pcb work, pretty sure I have everything else good but the wiring. I’m just going to keep watching the video but I cold use some help. thanks

3 Likes

Are you talking about this? Sounds like you built the stripboard but haven’t wired it up?

1 Like

Stripboard layout on this page

and annotated here

Ignore the schematic on the LMNC page, that’s something else, the one for this EG is here:

1 Like

Yeah but I’m a Patreon on his page and watched the whole hour long video and I watched him make the PCB board and it didn’t look like what he did in the picture you sent me. I just can’t see what he’s doing very well or I could get it. I’m also very illiterate when doing this stuff but just trying to learn.

1 Like

Yeah I built the first picture on the page and so did he in the Patreon video. I’ll be honest I have no idea how to read the schematic yet, something I definitely interested in though.

This is what I have going on. I know it looks like crap cause I didn’t know how to power it mostly cause I didnt know where to buy the right kind of molex clips (he made it look way easier), just waiting on my 10 pin shrouded header. I did realize that my push button is a 5v and I don’t know if that will work so I may have to buy a different one? I appreciate the help!

Definitely worth doing; here is one place to start:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-read-a-schematic/all

4 Likes

I seriously appreciate it!

3 Likes