DIY Envelope Generator Push Button?

So, I plan on building this envelope generator next: https://www.lookmumnocomputer.com/projects#/simple-envelope-generator

In LMNC’s YouTube video for this build, it looks like he built the simpler version but added a push button where the LED is connected to the envelope out…is this correct or am I missing something?

The more complicated version has a push button with a switch, but there’s no switch on the module built in the YouTube video…

Just trying to figure out how to wire in the push button to the simpler (no switch) stripboard build…

1 Like

The push button is the switch and some push buttons have LEDs built in.

1 Like

So, in this stripboard layout:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5912db7ee6f2e1435dbab4fd/1553820311899-V84PF608N2Q7HJTF3ED9/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJXaLF0R2A3HCOyGRX3wdKB7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1UR-dygWYfz7SE_3ZEIWYj6FfMvRfTnCXrNVGuvqQyU52j55KVrnpc2TQaRVDSFU5IQ/simple+envelope+generator?format=1000w

There is ALSO an SPDT switch…Are you saying that the button he’s using in the video is an SPDT LED push button?

Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

Oh, sorry, my bad. I’ve built two and of course there’s also a switch :woman_facepalming:.

So, you built the “more complicated” version?

In the YouTube video, he made the EG with an LED push button, but no switch? I’m just trying to figure out how to connect the push button without using a SPDT switch and basically just build what he did.

Yeah, I built the full layout. The trig/gate switch is actually surprisingly handy at times so if you can, I’d say do the same. Otherwise, you just pick which side of the switch you want and remove the circuitry the other side connects to.

1 Like

hello if i understand
just take off the white :

Hey Dud! I actually want to use the push button to trigger the envelope randomly as well as with a CV IN like he does in the video…this looks like you’re removing the push button and leaving the SPDT switch?

Thanks for the reply!

sorry, I understood the opposite
then choose if you prefer the Gate or the Trigg and delete in one
in my opinion it’s a shame

2 Likes

Ok! That’s the second opinion to keep the SPDT switch, so I’ll go with the consensus to keep it!

Thank you!

1 Like