Reverb & General FX Modules

Anyone built any Kosmo reverb modules like the erica synths black hole? or just interesting FX modules in general?

Keen to build loads of fx module with lots of cv options as my rig is gonna be used as an fx centre to pass audio from my computer into it to get creative.

Searched online loads but not really found much!

1 Like

@dud has DSP FX 100, @jkb has Spring Reverb Driver and @lookmumnocomputer has the impending spring reverb. It’s not a lot but it should break ground on further FX.

-Fumu / Esopus

5 Likes

I would certainly check out the Tripple Splashback Delay

2 Likes

For sure, that is actually my next build!

Looking for more fx and distortion etc also though

Ok great! Will check those out for sure

small clarification, the schem is from @Jos + Juanito More
:wink:

3 Likes

Dud,

I was just crediting the Kosmoification but valid point.

-Fumu / Esopus

2 Likes

I have @BlackDeath 's WahWah V847 clone

There’s the safety valve and valve VCA for distortion.

2 Likes

A cheap PT2399 delay

Distortion

Stomp Box Adapter to use all fx guitar pedal with your modular

2 Likes

Here is my spring reverb driver for completeness: GitHub - polykit/kosmo-spring-reverb-driver: Schematics and PCB layout for a spring reverb driver in Kosmo modular format

3 Likes

I did a multi-fx unit based on a PT2399 (reverb, delay, chorus and such):

and I have published some more fx-units like wave shapers and wave multipliers:

2 Likes

This looks great, what is the process of adding cv to parameters in modules? Does it involve a specific chip etc is it simple or really complicated? Trying to learn more about the process to adapt modules to include all the cv controlled parameters I can get my hands on

1 Like

You can use a Vactrol (or a diy one : LDR + a led), or another solution for better control and result is adding a little circuit

some info here

and here

1 Like

Lovely, gonna have a good read through these

2 Likes