Need Assistance: Locating a substitution Part

As the Title of the thread states, I need assistance in finding a substitution for a Part that is no longer available (at least not for a feasible price)

The Part in question is an Isolated DC to DC convertor.
Dip6 Full Brick -

Specifications:
Input: 9-18v (12v)
Output 1: 12+
Output 2: -12
625mA
Dimensions: 2 x 1 x 0.4 inches (50.8 x 25.4 x 10.2 mm) (MUST FIT THIS FOOTPRINT)

** Remote is disabled on the board - so it is not needed **

I got myself in a bind by having PCB’s produced before sourcing the Parts… lol…
(do not do this… lol)

I know some of you are Digikey, Mouser, and Tayda Wizards…
Any help is greatly appreciated!! I do not want to get the wrong thing and waste 30+ on a part I won’t be able to use!!
dintreeUSBPOWER
^ this is what it is for.

2 Likes

Looks like you need to repair or rebuild a Eurorack (or similar) power board. There are many modern options, so don’t get hung up on one obsolete component.

1 Like

It’s not looking good
https://octopart.com/vbed15-d12-d12-1-cui-39597824?r=sp

1 Like

no - I made 5 boards for Dintree’s Power supply and was going to build one but - le sigh…

does this look like the same footprint?

3 Likes

Industrial DC/DC converters come in standard sizes and pinouts, so should be plenty of alternatives; pretty much anyone who makes them (Cincon, Recom, Murata, MeanWell, …) will have something that works here (this is pro stuff, though, so you won’t find it at Tayda and they’re not supercheap).

Look for dual supply +12/−12, 15W minimum, suitable Vin range (usually 9.0-18.0) and 2"x1" DIP footprint (but double-check pinout before ordering). E.g Recom RP15-1212DF, the Cincon EC5BU-12D12 linked earlier, MeanWell DKA15A-12, etc.

EDIT: The ones I mentioned are 9-18V in because that’s what you highlighted, but you say 18-36V in the comment. Adjust model numbers accordingly :slight_smile: (RP15-2412DF, EC5BU-24D12, DKA15B-12, …)

5 Likes

Thank you Fredrik!!

Whoops - you’re right, I need 9-18v (12v)
Idk why I was thinking 24v lol

1 Like

So this is the one I have settled on!

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cincon-electronics-co-ltd/EC5BU-12D12/2034-2223-ND/9683476

I actually messaged Andrew (DINTREE) and he kindly replied back via email!

All in all, this project is only around 51 bucks in Parts.
I figure that’s a pretty fair price and can build 2 of them for under 100 if I order some of the smaller components as bulk.

Thanks all who responded!

2 Likes

It liiiiivvveeesss!

6 Likes

Can you really feed that many Eurorack modules with only 625mA?
That’s an average of only 52mA per module. Better no have too many bright LEDs on those modules.
Has anyone measured the power consumption of some of LMNC’s modules? (Subject for a different thread?)

5 Likes

Depends on the modules I suppose -
I plan to have 2 in tandem, just in case lol.

3 Likes