Best place to order components

Sorry if there’s a thread like this already.

i’m aware of lcsc and aliexpress as good sources. Mouser and digikey are just too expensive.
are there other stores i could be looking into?

and i was only able to find panel mount midi connectors on aliexpress and it was super expensive. Do you guys know if there are alternatives?

4 Likes

Depends on where you are. Check out Cheap Component Search

5 Likes

Also, welcome, and if you feel so inclined you can share about yourself here: Who, Where, What. the community
or
Introductions: Say hello, tell us about yourself and your projects

3 Likes

There is a thread that lists multiple sources for components, Depends where you’re from i suppose lol
I like to use Rapid, Tayda and Mouser for most things and Thonk for Panel parts, ebay everything else.
but i have also used banggood and similar for random parts =)

Wecome to the forum =)

2 Likes

Thanks for welcoming me, guys. I’m from brazil and right now my go to source for parts are the electronics stores in my city. But they’re expensive as heck so not really worth it.
and i end up only buying stuff in low quantities for specific projects what ends up making it even more expensive, i guess.

1 Like

Oh no, @RaphaelLari, you may no longer be the isolation champion! Unless @Shiro_pb is from Boa Vista or something.

1 Like

You’re not wrong there. Since ordering resistors and things like that in strips off 100 for the most common types and getting multi mix bags (packs of about 20) for the odd ball values.
Ive noticed a difference, both, im not spending as much on postage now and i can usually just pick trough my stock and have most of the parts i need =D

nah, i’m from salvador.

2 Likes

900 miles from São Paulo — looks like that’s still far enough for you and Raphael to share the “most isolated” record. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1i0W45g5BL0Tx1Vg03tW9BXS7KADcIy-j&usp=sharing

2 Likes

Tayda is my go to, but get used to sourcing from a few different locations. I would manage what you need/want in a spreadsheet and put links where you buy them.