My Kosmo case and simple low pass

Hi peeps, new to the forum! :slight_smile: So while in lockdown i’ve put my time to good use and finally started my Kosmo project. The case is built from pine off cuts and some eurorack rails I had from an old case, its painted with ronseal wood stain i had left over from another project, total cost £0. If you wanted to build one it would probably cost about £40. The section at the bottom will hold a transformer and power supply.

The filter is a direct copy of Sams Simple Low Pass filter, I didnt go for the highpass mod as I dont use it that much, my only mod was to add a simple 100k input attenuator. I found the filter can be quite senstive to input level and its alway handy to have an attenuator. The filter is mainly built from cannibalized and cheap parts from China, total cost including the panel was £10. If you wanted to build from scratch i’d say about £20.

9 Likes

I have a fondness of embossed label-maker front panel designs. i was actually looking for that type of label maker recently and couldnt find any.

Looks clean, i dig it. :slight_smile:

Very nice! And free!

2 Likes

I use a Dymo version, you can pick them up on ebay for about £15, the tape reels are quite expensive but they last a while, as long as your spelling is good, haha. Sometimes the tape cutter can go blunt so you have to cut off the label by hand, I use side cutters to trim up the ends. Once roughly positioned I use a small flat head screw driver to move the lable around, its a bit of a faff but comes out well if you take your time.

5 Likes