My Latest Eurorack Case DIY Build

I recently finished building what is at least my fifth Eurorack case in about two years and thought I’d share. Just thinking about my next Kosmo case for now.

It’s six rows of 300HP each.

22.5 degree angles and an extra row on top:

I found a stash of M2.5 threaded inserts at a local surplus warehouse and snapped them up. This isn’t even all of them:

The lower case is what I replaced:

A “few” power cables:

Taking shape:

Bus boards ready. They have a central 1000uF capacitor on each rail and each power header has a 1uF capacitor on each 12V rail right next to it:

Power installed. Two Metatronic Mods linear supplies and four custom supplies using two TipTop DC1200 regulators each, also acquired from aforementioned surplus warehouse. Ground bus made from threaded insert offcuts:

Looks nice in the dark too:

20 Likes

Dude!!!

You gotta post some sounds now!

3 Likes

I think I’ll stop with the drops for today :grinning:, but I’ll post something in the next few days.

3 Likes

I was just thinking, what’s @ChristianBloch up to these days? Wow! Same studio?

4 Likes

Well, if you rebuild and replace all the parts, is it still the same studio? :joy: Yeah, the space is the same.

4 Likes

Impressive and look at all those lights, ooh, aah !

3 Likes

Great job, awesome !!!
and looking forward to hearing some sounds of this beast

3 Likes

Holy crap that thing is bigger than Andrew Huang’s setup.
Now I see why people build Euro instead of Kosmo. In Kosmo you’d have to mount that on the ceiling.

4 Likes

I think his is actually seven rows of 336 HP if I’m eyeballing it correctly. Point taken, though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes