My build progress

Top: Goth (silver and black)
Bottom: Steampunk (gold and brown)

8 Likes

I have visions of your dad saying that baling twine, blue tack and Elastoplast are not suitable substitutes for proper aeronautical engineering…

2 Likes

Wait, aren’t microwave transformers used to get high voltage?
Did you plug them backwards (mains into high voltage winding)?

Rat panel done. Wiring and testing tonight (am going to wing it and see if it needs some line level mods)

7 Likes

that looks dangerously fun and useful .

2 Likes

nice , that case is filling up fast :wink:

1 Like

Look closely, you’ll notice I rewound the secondary coils on them. Instead of thousands of winds of really fine (30awg?) wire they now have something like 15-20 winds of 10ga wire. I forget exactly (it was 7 or 8 years ago I made it) but it’s something like 30-40 volts output now…with “LOTS” of current.

2 Likes

I have a nice TIG welder with AC, so no problem welding aluminum, just swapping tungsten and pushing a button. MIG is a big project to set up to weld aluminum. so unless you are doing aluminum all day long it might be better to go for steel.

1 Like

That is a MMA or commonly called a stickwelder.

I have toght about making a lid for it, but that will be an epic aftertoght-project. It is pretty sturdy and lightweight at the same time.

Starting to fill up pretty quick. Guess I have like 5 cases now, not counting the boxes with circuts and breadboards or the desktop kind of stuff. Think the case you refer to is just rails in a cardboard box. It was suposed to be a drumskiff, but now I think it will be more a case of voices as the VCOs are pretty tall and I keep a big PSU in that case. I have another one that is actually a skiff that I made a sheetmetal case for, I will try and put up some photos of the progress, but you can bearly see it at the bottom. The plan is to somehow make them portable, but it would be alot simpler to make them out of wood. Makes me miss the early days when I would only use 9 volt stuff and my only modules was what I could fit in the tuner jumpskiff that was an old TV-tuner box.

This is a everchanging thing, so there are already some changes. Gotten the 4th ADSR in the Kosmo case, and they are close to being done.

My latest module is the FX BOX from modular in a week, and I made a quick video of the initial test.

2 Likes

The purple MRX Style Knobs are very sexual :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a small problem with the new Noise Bells module, but I bodged very cleverly corrected it. Knobs are on order because of course I wasn’t keeping track.

7 Likes

Finally finished building the basic LMNC modules. Time to start looking a little more in depth at how/why they actually work!

17 Likes

image :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice! Good to see people with no fear of color, and labels even I can read.

6 Likes

Finished Old Mr. Grassi.

(Yes, lol, I’ve since soldered the jacks)

9 Likes

Thanks! yea I’ve got a habit of leaving reminders everywhere. Figured the case could use one too

3 Likes

Nice! I love Uhe Diva. I use it in almost every song I write :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Barton Sallen-Key VCF:

This thing does some crazy stuff with the resonance turned up more than about halfway. I don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to behave, but I’m not gonna change it. If I want clean and boring resonance I can use a different filter.

This is the first module to go in my new case, Kosmodrome.

7 Likes

Clever how to mount big buttons on an eurorack sized PCB :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, that 1" spacing wasn’t going to do it for me.

2 Likes