My build progress

I finally finished my #1148 build last week as well. It’s an intense project but a really great set of LFO’s and weird mixed combos as you like it.

5 Likes

I got the knobs for my DIY patch.Init() today.

This platform is pretty interesting, because there is some software that allows you to do virtual prototyping of your DSP code in VCV Rack, and then once you’re happy with it you can build an image and flash it directly to the hardware.

Cheers

6 Likes

I still want to make something like this in Kosmo format. I need to look into that VCV rack prototyping.

1 Like

Feels nice to finally be able to diagnose mysterious issues by myself to take on bigger builds. I got most of the HAGIWO VDCO from earlier to work now (it will only truly work once I receive some genuine TL072 lol).

This project has been going smoothly last few days:

This will be a Baby-8 with all the bells and whistles. An Adult-8, if you will. Sticking closely to Moritz Klein’s take on it, adding a few more interesting circuits to it.

I’d like to turn it into a real PCB too, but I’m going for a style with a lot of panel wiring, with big pads on the PCB… Something forgiving of mistakes that fits into the budget 100×100 size. Should fit a 15cm panel.

Need to get it all to work on breadboard first, apply my correction to the schematic, then do the actual full PCB, once I reach that point I’ll prolly solicit a full design review

7 Likes

oh boy 64 100k smd’s and a bazillion other parts on this switching matrix thing .
almost done just waiting for the trimmers to arrive .

14 Likes

For the analog version of Vocode-O-Matic I needed 2 input amplifiers for a specific signal source. Because I’m planning on several different signal sources as input whose signal levels may be quite different I wanted the amplifier to have a variable gain. To then get an idea of what the output voltage will be, I thought some peak detection mechanism would maybe be handy. So I decided to reuse the peak detector from the envelope follower I wrote about earlier.

For quite some time I’ve been looking for a nice way to reuse some level meters I salvaged from old cassette recoders.

So this could lead to a nice match, I thought. Meet Level-Up-O-Matic:

This may not be the best of pics but I wanted the light to shine through the meters.

Some experimentation will show how well this works out.

15 Likes

and that wasn’t even the most intense thing this weekend there is this

9 Likes

nice retro look .

post must be 20 characters long…

1 Like

Looking at the signals and knobs this could be a quad Buchla 292 (LPF, LPG and VCA). Is it something similar?

quad filter , VCA with some mods to be added …
Ray Wilson’s music from outer space modules .

1 Like

I love that meter so much.

2 Likes

another great day at the bench listening to SPOOKFEST (Magpie Fest 6) - YouTube
and working on some new patching modules from freq. central .

7 Likes

Analog gauges like that are chefs kisses

4 Likes

Awesome, i really like those analoge meters! :smiley:

3 Likes

I finished the amplifier for the input signals of my analog vocoder and added it to the vocoder rack. I labeled the individual components of the vocoder in this picture.

Most of the patch cables you would expect are not visible. The filter banks (all bands are accessible via test points on the B914 PCB) are normalized / wired via flatcables to either their respective envelope followers or the patch bay. The patch bay is wired directly / normalised to the 14 VCAs. So you see only 2 input signals to the B914s and 2 connections from the VCAs to the summing output stage here.

All all band outputs and individual envelope signals are available for processing.

The inside of the rack looks like some messy italian pasta of sorts.

As soon as I can find the time I will upload some audio examples somewhere.

16 Likes

well I am starting a monster build the PM Foundations 808 clone

10 Likes

I didn’t know until just now small round LCD displays are available

4 Likes

to my delight, xiao drum sampler is happily buzzing away

@Willi359 gawd I love the LMN-3 project, nice work sir

9 Likes

I built a second one

for my daughter (7 years old)… it had to be these exact key-caps :slight_smile:

spread the :heart:

15 Likes

Lattice (kosmo format mutable grids) is finally working! Will have ~3 to sell probably :slight_smile:

15 Likes