My build progress

Ok so i blew op my poor hifi speaker listening to the new slipknot song.

Who can guess what i will be using the enclosure for? (Kosmo module for scale)

10 Likes

Which filter board did you go with?

Iā€™ve built a couple of these and designed a panel for them. What did you do for a case? Just curious.

1 Like

The start of a mini Lunetta-style CMOS modular. All guts exposed, nothing labeled :smiley:
The plan is just to have them in a grid on some sort of tray, power daisy chained

4 Likes

What software are you using to design the parts?

Not sure what you mean by filter board? Iā€™m just using it on standoffs without a case for now.

Perhaps some confusion of this Module Tester with a Shruthi synth?

1 Like

Ah, makes sense. They do look similar.

The 3d stuff uses FreeCAD, itā€™s pretty complex and i only learned parrtially one workflow out of many (part design + sketch). Itā€™s one of the few serious options for printing functional parts. Most hobbyists prefer Fusion 360 for that kinda stuff, but trusting Autodesk with anything is naĆÆve or willfully ignorant of their long established behavior, I fully expect them to change the terms of the deal and hold peopleā€™s data hostage, so Iā€™m sticking with the program that will still be free in 10 years

2 Likes

While I was turning myself into an ice cream today (aka getting sunburnt) I soldered these beauties up. Still not quite finished just got some headers and need the correct pots. Cant wait to test these out =)

Donā€™t know if I want to make a simple mixer for these or just wait for the Befaco one to come back in stock on Thonk

8 Likes

Huzzahh! Pretty much got these guys finished now. Short 1 Ecap im gonna take off another project that can use a none low profile cap.

Cant wait to test and hear these in action. =D

Edit: whoop wooop! Plugged them in and got no magic smoke! Havenā€™t tested the sound of them yet though =D

12 Likes

Got a simple mixer built today, havenā€™t tested or taken pics today. Ill get some taken tomorrow =)

Got to make a Simple Delay next i think.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to see the mixer!

4 Likes

The mixer i recently built isnt working, probs just something silly. but thankfully i had another so i can make a little vid of the synth working, ill post it in another thread though.

4 Likes

finally have the frame work ruffed in for the super controller 5000 .
my idea is to put control type stuff in this unit so I can minimize how much digging through cables I have to do on the module racks .

I am going to use these to inter connect between controller and module racks .

12 Likes

I finished the prototype for an interface to one of the voice cards A full SYNTHESIZER on one board including MULTIMODE FILTER

It brings out all parameters and control voltages of the card and makes them patchable. There are also some utilities like a LFO, attenuator, buffered multiple and mixer on it.

It is the first time I used SMD for all major components. I must say it is a bit fiddly but Iā€™m getting better. Iā€™m using a hot air rework station to solder the components.

Next steps are finishing the PCB layout and making a panel for it.

13 Likes

My second box for tour :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Some days you can build a VCO. Some days you have to set your sights lower.

9 Likes

Well, that front plate could be nice if I hadnā€™t forgotten those hole REF** -markers thereā€¦
Also, jlcpcb seems to have the worst quality when printing on aluminium.
My wavefolder design got a bit more complicated in the third iteration. Thereā€™s about 200 components in this, I need to check things before plugging it in for the first time, I hope I didnā€™t make any serious blunders when designing the pcb. I designed it so, that changing the front plate and board with the pots it can be connected to a Kosmo versions of those.

11 Likes

:dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

More panel space between knobs would be good.

Nice graphic up top!

4 Likes

More panel space between knobs would be good.
The space always seems bigger before you actually attach the knobs. Or maybe the cv-attenuators could be those knobless smaller pots.

2 Likes