Mega Duck possible stripboard

Sam did you build a stripboard for your 4 relay Mega Duck project? Also you were going to wire up the stripboard to the panel front on that next video.

2 Likes

hey! no I didnt but ill get a shot of the back of it tomorrow. actually I say that I think I did a schematic, its just a transistor and a relay ill see if I can find it, and what video are you talking about? sorry please remind me! im quite forgetful haha

3 Likes

I just accidently on here came across the Mega Duck video , you made a panel and put 4 relays from Befaco in it (PE014012) orangish spdt relauys you got a box of 100 of them from Befaco. And had a simple relay circuit and wired a piezo or 2 to sockets and then at the end you said you were tired and out of time and would make the video for wiring it to the panel . I have not been able to find the video again,lately .

1 Like

I sent YOU (LMNC) the exact pdf for the PE014012 relay in the mail, all specs and such . It was a company called MASTER Electronics here in the USA in Phoenix, Az. Have you found out any info on the project schematic coming to mind? Also they put in lighter handrails on the SF Golden Gate Bridge and the wind has been fierce the last 2 days. So this has caused a high wind chime whine being made by the bridge that radiates across 2 counties. I was there and its loud!!

1 Like

did you ever get a chance and find the schematic or remember this video done? Has the package arrived yet?

1 Like

So Sam I saw on the latest synth blog about you making the Christmas livestream video, that you used the MEGA DUCK module to patch into thats the module I was asking about, and possible schematic or basic outline ofits ducking relay based function

2 Likes

There is a builders livestream on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/posts/builders-mega-24586353

2 Likes

I happen to have a single relay kicking around- might attempt a 5cm “micro-duck”. Did the schematics get posted anywhere?

Also how does one go about attaching a piezoelectric speaker to a relay? Super glue?

there was a builders livestream and he jotted circuit there and yes superglue or dip paint will do but most likely silicon adhesive. I wil see if I can rummage and draw a cicuit for your one relay idea ,okay
?

1 Like

Great! I’ll breadboard it out soon, hopefully

I had some medical stuff to do so should be sending the pic of it explained in the next day ,

1 Like

hello! im sorry I missed this thread, I don’t know whether I fully jotted down a strip board however I added this

2 Likes
6 Likes

I cant remember exactly. I think it was hot glue yeah it was hot glue!

thanks sam lmnc for that video to help him. I built mine and also too the magnetone from that electronics book article . so will post soon both

Making a Mini Duck

Out of curiosity, where does the LED fit in to the circuit?

3 Likes

led should go off collector or 2n3904 which connects also to anode of diode across coil of relay and not the relay side of +12 volts . and led is in series with a 1 k resistor that goes to ground .

2 Likes

ha amazing! I’m including it in a video today actually! using it as an oscillator. pretty tempted to mock together a proper pcb for the project just Because it sounds cool :smiley:

3 Likes

Is there a relatively easy way to reverse the LED? It would be nice if it would light when the relay is engaged vs being always on.

Wouldn’t the opposite of always on be always off? That’s easy :grinning:

Is this the schematics you’re using?

Easiest/safest is to use a DPDT relay, and use one pole to drive the LED.

You could connect the LED in parallel with the coil (via a resistor, in the opposite direction of the flyback diode), but that may not work, depending on the relay, and if you’re unlucky the voltage spikes that the flyback diode is supposed to handle may fry the LED instead.

3 Likes