My build progress

There also… very nervous to finish and power up… good luck…

4 Likes

a double sided sticky tape . it is very sensitive , I think I might use a double sided foam tape instead . and I am thinking it might be an idea to keep a plug in the jack when piezo not in use

2 Likes

It being so sensitive is a feature! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may attempt to have some more off these made if no one else does . I have a few experimental instruments that I may like to have plugged in at the same time . hhhmmm there is a idea for a thread , what kinds of other instruments we maybe working on besides synth stuff . percussion,string ,wind , etc…

2 Likes

Once again, just completely shitting on the convention but I busted my arse and I’m proud of these!

The deck on our house is original and was built during the waning years of the Reagan empire. The steps on this thing were literally rotting out. I was afraid the dogs were going to go thundering through them.

This at least has some musical merit. I wanted a way to get the printer’s real estate back and yes, TO MAKE ROOM FOR MORE SYNTHS. I’ll probably keep the Boog and a couple other synth-wavy units as well as the Zoom interface in it. As well as whatever else junk I’m too lazy to find a real space for or throw out.

Damn my back hurts.

8 Likes

very productive . thank goodness for safeties sake , going though the steps could be quite dangerous .

2 Likes

Let’s see the before pic!

1 Like

Wish I’d taken one now! Imagine the teeth of a vampire tweaked, I guess.

2 Likes

That looks like a zoom r16 multitrack recorder. I once considered gettin one of those, how is it?

1 Like

For the money it’s okay. The DAC is a little ringy and the build quality means Iit never leaves the studio, but it’s not like that’s something I’d ever Need to worry about. I’ve ended up using Iit mostly as an audio interface. For all the function even with those cons I feel like it was worth the MSRP -15% at GC/MF.

1 Like

Hey guys finally yesterday I soldered my first circuit on a vero board and made a box to host it! The circuit is veeery easy and I’ m using this tool as an Arduino controller that sends data to Max/Msp for my upcoming sound installation in Berlin. The patch is build around the movement of the mouse on the x and y axes of the screen; thanks to this little thingy here I can now control the movement with knobs and not with a mouse. Only thing is that the box is veery tall eheh

I still need to label it properly, in fact I’ m looking for a nice way to write on wood without ruining it.
Next one is gonna be the expanded SSO with 2 VCO, each one having a low pass filter and a volume knob in the circuit. Can’ t wait to share it with u!!

8 Likes

Like an etch a sketch!

3 Likes

Finally mastered the molex crimper…

8 Likes

oh good I wasn’t the only one to waste a half doz. plus connectors trying to get it right . :laughing:

6 Likes

THIS is really cool !!

2 Likes

How long did it take for FC to deliver to you? I have ordered the Micro Bus Board and it has been quite a while now. :worried:

2 Likes

i’m in france and with these sanitary situation maybe 20/25 days

1 Like

designed and 3d printed a single octave keyboard for my DIY TB2. First time I’ve tried anything like this so, despite the mistakes I made, I’m pretty happy with this. Switches are for a mechanical (computer) keyboard and the keycaps are commercial blanks. I wanted a Casio VL-1 vibe and I think I’ve hit that :slight_smile:

At the moment it’s just the top plate and sloped sides. I’m designing a bottom/back portion to print in black for a bit of Korg Monotron theme.

I know it’s a far cry from what a lot of you are doing but it’s my thing :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I’ve had some thoughts of building an isomorphic keyboard but I think that’s still rather far off for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can imagine that being pretty difficult to pull off!

2 Likes