My build progress

I really like the light shining from below the panel. Just wondering whether the copper layer will change color over time (corrosion). Is it covered by a transparent coating?

2 Likes

Just jumpers, they are on the schem right? Second guessing myself now. Lol

I might just do this, but sockets do look nicer to me. Plus a bit more rigid.

Oh, sure (or any 1×N for N > 15). Was just pointing out that you can get the right size from Tayda and make your build look better with less effort :grinning:

What I don’t like about sockets is the pin header pins on the Nano are fatter than the IC pins DIP sockets are designed for. I have some 32 pin sockets I thought about using for Arduinos but I think it takes way too much force to insert or remove a Nano.

Clock 2 Gate by Niklas Rönnberg

5 Likes

Clock to gate, gate to trigger - I don’t think I understand the point of these types of circuits. Can’t you just set a really low PWM on the clock?

1 Like

The issue I have with my clock is that it is too short (1ms) for some modules, e.g. ElecricDruid DigiDelay, which requres at least 10ms. Therefore I use the gate to trigger the DigiDelay

2 Likes

I don’t have a clock/(trigger) to gate but I do use a gate to trigger. Mostly for use with ADSRs to turn the envelope into a pulse, because even with the fastest EG times it will still sustain as long as the key is held. Many times I don’t want that.

1 Like

Some clock sources don’t have a width control.

on the IFM Panels - yeah! they tarnish over time - it actually starts to look pretty neat.
Mine I did ENIG - so they are gold :slight_smile: (on EuRolz)

Folktek has done some really wild black and copper panels with patina -

8 Likes

Finished Madame Brasser and Master Brando today :smiley:

Soldering the screws and not burning the wood must have been difficult, or was it?

2 Likes

high temp and a shit ton of flux :smiley: lolol

And does the flux not lead to corrosion? Or did you clean the contacts afterwards?

1 Like

lol - its a 9v noise box
 if it were an instrument i was going to sell - yes, i would clean it - but this is probably gonna get destroyed in the next couple years by letting people play with it at my friends coffee shop -
have some plans to expose people to noise around here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

sorry pop - guess i just suck. lol

2 Likes

Whatever
you’re amazing and you should know that :hugs:

4 Likes

VCDO is working! I don’t have any 27k resistors or 330p capacitors so no filter circuit for now, but it sounds great already!

This is just one, I will eventually put 3 in a single module.
Edit: take everything with a pinch of salt, my phone mic is rubbish

7 Likes

Made some panels! Scrap Ikea wood found in a trash can, cut to “size”, sprayed with two coats of cheap car paint. Came out much better than I expected!

7 Likes