My build progress

Success! All probed and proper :smiley:

5 Likes

Eeet verks! :smiley:

7 Likes

Have you tried solder paste or solder wire? With wire it’s a pain in the ass … But with paste it’s as easy as 123. The components even align themselves, like magic! Look, I picked out a place in the video for you. Unfortunately in German but you can understand the matter even without understanding it. The whole video completely took away my fear of it!

4 Likes

paste - and i watched like 30 vids in preparation lolololol.

It went easier by hand for me, honestly.

1 Like

Initial test of MCVI MIDI to CV converter

5 Likes

Interesting! Does it chain to more MCVIs for polyphony?

2 Likes

Really? A lot of it is dependent upon the paste. Lead free paste doesn’t work as well for me and caused me a lot of issues. I switched to using this kester paste and have had no issues since. If you don’t have a stencil then use a toothpick to place the paste instead of the dispenser. You don’t need a lot and I feel the dispenser pushes too much through for my taste.

3 Likes

I made most of Thogres Buss board the other day. Just got to cut traces and put on a few bits.

And I did most of the Performance VCO too. I have the wrong arduino socket. Still need to choose if I want to use AS or CEM as I have both.

Also my bro dropped off my PSUs. So I got one together n chatted with him for a bit.

Which was nice.

Back is ruined for another day. =D

3 Likes

I got the wrong arduino sockets too! Still looking for the right ones!

1 Like

Pair of 15 position pin headers, is what I use

5 Likes

Ahhh at least im not the only one. Did u get the round post ones too?
Ill let you know where I get mine from when when I find some. =)

And as noted earlier, with headers you can use the space beneath it for something useful:

3 Likes

you can also just use 1x40s and cut to length.

Tip: When cutting female headers, cut right in the middle of the NEXT position, that way the one you’re trying to trim to doesn’t crack. Then you can get all fancy with a pair of wire cutters and clean it up… if you want.

4 Likes

Yeah, when I say 15 pin I mean take a 40 pin (or what’s left of one), yank out the 16th pin, grab the cutters and chop it up there.

2 Likes

I needed some more rack space (who doesn’t?), so I made 2 new 19 inch racks.
Of course I gave each a Scope-O-Matic, as every rack deserves its own ( still waiting for the right size OLEDs though ) and built a few more instances of Mix-O-Matic (simple CV/Audio mixers) and Mult-O-Matics (passive mults). I’ve been using the Behringer psu CP1A in another rack and as that has been working nicely and is really cheap I decided to use two of those in these racks as well.

Note: the power strips are not part of the CP1A. They are a design I picked up via this forum and had made by a Chinese PCB manufacturer.

6 Likes

EuRolz is finished and racked.

4 Likes

Nice! I’m glad, but isn’t there a small mistake, it looks like the capacitors don’t go from GND to + 12v and from GND to -12v, but from GND to GND. Or am I wrong ?

Then it’s your way and if it’s easier for you, so be it. :slight_smile:

Little updated. I added a modified version of the arduino based LFO by @HAGIWO . It works very well. Main thing I did was instead of controlling the amplitude in software, I used an opamp to amplify 5V peak-to-peak to 10v peak-to-peak to allow for more extreme modulation. This has the added benefit that you do not loose resolution when you want to do very subtle modulation, which is a limitation of doing it 100% in software using the arduino DAC.

I’m especially in love with my delay. Its just the simple datasheet one that Sam also shared on his page about the triple splashback delay.

The patch below uses pretty much all of the features I have built so far. VCO through filter into the delay and modulation on the filter, pulse-width and FM, using a buffered mult. I mix this with the sound coming out of the VCA.

Next step will be the twin-t kickdrum by @Krakenpine and probably some other drum modules as well.

5 Likes

I havent put caps on the buss yet, which board do you mean? The MiaW has a 5v out so I added an extra pin on the buss.

Ill have a look later when ive woken up a bit more =) still out on a walk/hobble.

I mean the bus boards, what are the 2 green things in front of the Eurorack socket on the right side?