My build progress

Awesome! :smiley:
I ordered an extra PCB and some A100k Pots from AISynth after we were talking about this the other day :smiley:

3 Likes

Finished the VCAs:

10 Likes

Lol, my quad VCA works super well - but the far right LED’s (output’s), specifically the 2 in the middle, dont work lol.
I think im gonna have to pull em out and put new ones it.
Doesnt affect the VCA’s tho!!! they all work fine lol

3 Likes

looking good…

I am giving up hope of my 2x5 IDC stuff ever arriving, Its all i need :frowning:

2 Likes

yeah I hear you , I have stuff sitting all over the country some since early march not sure if I will ever see it . at least 4 projects just sitting :frowning_face:

i’ve just finish my new case !

12 Likes

Whats for power supply? Seems like nice small brick.
How do you plan power cable management? I will do it this week, so any tips will be welcome. Still not sure how to make it.

Current status - +12, -12, +5v and GND are ready to connect to sockets. 2x 12v 2.4A + 7805 wirh radiator and capacitors as filters.

4 Likes

yes that’s what I managed to find in France, and that I used in my first 2, it works well so I took the same (but a little expensive).

to spread the current to the module I do it the old way (stripboard and pin headers, like Sam on his first video)

7 Likes

7 per row will be enough for you? Or you use connections like power board -> module ->module on the same tape?
I though about 10-12 per row for eurorack standard, 120hp each. Smaller module will be 4hp as I see from the experience - cheaper pots are about 20mm.
Also, no filtering capacitors are needed on the power sockets board?

1 Like

no for this box which is finished I calculated according to the modules and it was good like that (there were also a passive module and the big sequencer !!!), the second have more and the one that I am doing even more
case 1 (7 and 8)

case 2 (8 and 9)

5 Likes

Thanks, Kosmo always take more space : ) I will probably go with 2x5-6 connectors on each board for each row, so 4x5-6 in total. If you guys have any tips for me this is best time : )

1 Like

Even if I continue like this, it can be better with Eurorack power cables style.

1 Like

Yeah, I have proper 16 pins connector for the power board and modules, and some 10 for modules. More difficult will be making the cables using sockets and cable itself - I have to try with vice next time.

3 Likes

good luck !
here’s my old school cheap diy one :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, I thought you used an encapsulated transformer (something like a BLOCK VCM 36/1/12) but I guess that’s pretty much what that is even if they call it “adaptor:slight_smile:.

(if you go for brand-name transformers, you might as well get a 2x12 V since that usually costs the same, but otoh I’m not sure if you can rewire e.g. the FC PCBs to work with that, so that option might just be for strange people who build their own supplies).

4 Likes

thanks for this informations
and yes actually there are only strange people to build their own supplies :wink:

3 Likes

It really is so much easier.

4 Likes

Found the switch! Been forgetting everything else though.

9 Likes

My 5x2 IDC’s actually finally turned up today after 2 months… managed to build 3 differently wrong cables before Getting my head in gear…

Finished the Simple 3340 Oscillator and sent it of for production along with a panel (My first). Also decided to get the brain for the “Cheap Step Pro” produced in it’s current form as it would allow me to start to prove the code before I push on with V2.

Rob

5 Likes

What are the dimensions of the board you made for the 3340? I have two of those sitting around and I’ve never been able to get so much as a 60hz hum out of the veroboard layout I did for them.