My build progress

Progress!

The cheap piezo contact mics I ordered off ebay are currently enjoying their stay in 上海市 so may take a while before I can finish this one according to plan.

(well, I guess I could source something locally)

6 Likes

Progress, cont’d.

Located a local supplier of cheap piezo contact mics, so with a little luck these fellows will make noise in a few days from now.

I also just realized that the polypanel base unit is 45 mm, or 1.012U. Hmm :thinking:

8 Likes

Friend of mine have lapotops service and gave me several top panels that instead will be scrap - so going green again : ) Firts I took plastic one, material is stiff enough and much easier to work with than steel form old PCs cases I used before.

Google Photos

Divider by Niklas, recommended by our friend Dude : ) http://familjenronnberg.se/~niklas/diy/eurorack/divider/
First time I soldered using only scheme, without brief view of breadboard/prototype board. Works easier than I though, however I have to make proper power system for rack to test it - I hope that will be in several days. Then drawings/labels will come to.

8 Likes

@fredrik, why does everything you make have to look so good. You making my stuff look like garbage. Take a dive every once and a while for my ego why doncha.

Jk, love this.

@Piecho that s some good scrap sourcing!

5 Likes

It’s all photoshopped. In reality he does everything using a 50 year old Radio Shack 50-in-1 spring terminal electronics kit, and all his components actually are rocks.

7 Likes

Ok, I would usually not post something like this :grinning:, but here’s my latest thing. Let’s just say the panel wasn’t really meant to look like this…

Still good enough for a test fit, though, so not entirely wasted :slight_smile:

(and yes, I stumbled upon some 4017s when looking for more transistors, so thought I’d build something more straightforward.)

6 Likes

fredrik has taken “modular” to a whole nother level… lol

I can’t wait to see this monster when its all complete and put together.

Have any other examples of puzzle piece set ups?

I know the Mini GameboyMegaMachine was similar and I thought that was amazing!

4 Likes

fuck you for making me remember those kits exist lol :slight_smile:. I loved that thing!

THEY STILL MAKE THEM?!

6 Likes

Ok, that’s better. To the soldering machine!

6 Likes

I liked the first one better.

3 Likes

OK, who can come up with the best synth module buildable with that?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Ooooooo I had some of the original ones!!! So much fun, really helped me understand different components and how they work more.

4 Likes

Too flimsy. For some reason, 0 mm thick elements don’t provide much structure.

4 Likes

I’ve got a switch out of a Tornado Jet that’s way cooler than this… Need to turn up some custom contacts for it before fitment. Sort of lost the switch too, which is normal for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How about an electronic noise maker? (page 51):

4 Likes

If I didn’t build that I probably did something like it.

Also, this was (identical to) my first DIY synth:

8 Likes

Photoshopped or done with mirrors I think.

3 Likes

the AI 006 pedal interface reworked to use the pots I had and 1/4" jacks for the fx send/return. haven’t decided on finish yet just wanted to see if I could make it all work .

7 Likes

That looks great. I’ve been thinking of doing similar things with other euro stuff I find that’s a good deal on reverb.

2 Likes