My build progress

Today i removed one of the 2 Positivizers from the Dual Quantizer, and I had started the Bounce Bounce … :basketball: :baseball: :softball: :soccer: :ping_pong: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I will write something about the project soon, explaining all the bits and pieces.

2 Likes

My setup after making a WAV Trigger, and the 1114 Filter GRR. Also a functioning ADSR (thanks everyone). Its pretty neat having it sound this good without any effects or nothin.

4 Likes

Niceeee what else do you have in your rack now?

Edit: this was for you @Caustic

For some reason when I hit reply to people it drops the tag more often than not

1 Like

If you reply to the last post in a topic it says “well obviously this is a reply to the last post” and doesn’t tag it as a reply.

Like this post.

1 Like

Left to right bottom to top:

Row 1
3x Stripboard 3340 VCO
1157 LMNC ADSR
Stripboard MS20 RENE SCHMITZ VCF with high pass switch.
Combo Mult / Mixer Utility

Row 2
1114 Filter GRR
Wav Trigger (Very roughly styled like a Oberheim DMX)

Also everyone, discourse was in read-only mode for a bit. I suspect there was a backup being run.

3 Likes

Did anyone else find this incredibly trippy?

2 Likes

Yeah super weird :rofl::rofl::rofl: @zorch

I’m making it go away

It was effective though!

@Caustic is that why u were asking about our favorite drum machines? Lol

Drums sound great, I wanted to build a wav trigger and maybe a big button but haven’t got around to it. I have a normal keystep and a beatstep pro but no proper cable conversion yet.

Where do you get the samples?

1 Like

The patreon has a build video and @lookmumnocomputer had the files all ready to go. I used a known good config (the ini file that came bundled) along with the samples in that archive to start and make sure everything worked. Basically, normally the WAV trigger likes its triggers pulled to GND, but this setup is instead 5v gates. A change in this config lets you send triggers like this.

Next, I want to see about building upon this by allowing bank support. having all that space available and not having banks of samples to use seems like such a waste.

But to be clear, you can use most any wav in the right format.

4 Likes

The Perf Board Gods didn’t like what I was making, but I beat them in the end:

7 Likes

Added DC Power instead of the usual battery snap for a customer by request.

And then finished their ROOLZR. :smiley:

10 Likes

Finished my 3rd k25 module today - the LFO. This almost belongs more in the litany thread, but…it IS progress so I’m putting it here.

Got it mounted in the rack…and nothing. Oh right, it helps to install the opamp.

Ok, op amp installed, mounted in the rack, and…the LED is orange. And doesn’t seem to change. Level seems to work but nothing else makes a noticeable change. Let’s check the scope:

Um…ick! It only goes from about 81hz to 100hz lo/hi doesn’t make a difference. Waveform doesn’t make a difference. What the heck. Ok, let’s take a look something this messed up should be obvious.

Oh…looks like when I assembled the daughter board for the switches yesterday I must have decided to go to bed instead of soldering it.

Soldered the daughter board…and…hey now it works!

Nice Tri too:

And a nice range spread like I’ve wanted.

So that takes care of the easiest 3 k25’s. Hopefully I’ll stay motivated enough to do the other 3 this weekend :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice! Plugging in without the op amp is my signature move. :rofl:

And wow I need to turn on the “night mode” black background on my scope, that’s rad!

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. After I plugged in the opamp it worked great!

1 Like

We should have a “coolest build competition” where people can leave their vote.

Here is my entry. Safety Valve VCA “Disco Edition”. It has a white LED Strobelight and little mirror tiles behind the valve.
Many obstacles while building this beast but it was worth it. Sounds great, my Yamaha CS-5 is on steroids now (Video will follow).

17 Likes

I suggest if you do this, to make another thread! Might get lost in the “normal” build thread, or people might feel they could not post things they have previously built. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it was just an idea, of course a competition should be in a separate thread.

1 Like

@TrapaNatans

Need to see a video of this bad boy!

3 Likes